cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

How do i get BT to use only one email address to communicate with me ?

Go to solution

About a year ago I set about getting rid of an old "@tinyworld" email address which i had been using for years and which had started to cause a few problems.
I wanted to replace it with my "@btinternet.com" address for everything including my BTID.
This wasn't a problem for the majority of my contacts and the web sites I use, except for.......BT !

I changed my BTID to my "@btinternet.com" address and a new password, without a hitch.
However, as you know, we get BT emails from all sorts of "bt.com" addresses, such as :-

"bt.comms", "btcomms", "no-reply", "residential.services", "bt.comteam", "shop.bt.com" etc.

which is where i have the problem. All seem to use my new email address, but some do not.

I received an email yesterday advising of upcoming price increases in January, but it was
sent to that old legacy "@tinyworld" address that i am trying to kill off. It came from :-

BT <bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com>

I did ring the Help line this morning, but i was told to change email addresses in "My Profile"
on my BTID page, but i can't see where to do it. Surely there must be an easy way to get BT to
use only one email address for communicating with me.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: How do i get BT to use only one email address to communicate with me ?

Go to solution

I have moved you onto this board because your problem is not an email problem as such. It is a problem how BT contact you and may be related to your BT account rather than email.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do i get BT to use only one email address to communicate with me ?

Go to solution

This morning I decided to use the online chat box to see if I could have any luck sorting out this little problem I have.

The guy was very helpful, and after detailing my problem and providing all the information he requested, it took him about 10minutes in total to come back to me and tell me he had carried out the necessary changes, and that I shouldn't have any further emails to that old legacy address. I was very impressed, and pleased he was able to help.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating of course, but i am confident that I will soon be able to ditch that old address.

0 Ratings