Output power (Down/Up)18.3 dBm / 12.3 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)17053 / 3
CRC Errors (Down/Up)28 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 2
Error Seconds (Local)

I'm waiting to hear back from the care team on this ongoing problem, but in the meantime how do these line stats look to those who understand..?

My sync speed has dropped from a steady 4224 or 3776 since mid December.

Had 3 engineer visits, last one changed E side pair and said line good for 3 to 4 meg, so what goes on?

The only other stat I notice that has changed is noise magin up is now 12db and used to be 6db I think.

Regards,

Christine

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do my line stats look....

The DLM will have increased your SNR margin to overcome line noise, if you could get that down to 6db you'd have a good sync speed. For the time the connection has been running the forward correction errors suggest the interleaving is working, although deep interleaving will cause latency.

Have you got an Iplate, or better still NTE5 broadband master socket fitted? the latter is better, as it filters where cable goes through wall, no internal filters reqd. Are you about 3-4kms from the exchange?

Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Hi Roger,

DLM....?? Digital Line Manager..?

I have a NTE5 Broadband master socket, and Samknows put me 1.3 miles or 2.1 km from my exchange.

There is no internal wiring from the mater socket, and ring wire is disconected. The BT site estimates I shoud get a 3.5 connection, other sites estimate up to 5mb.

Are you suggesting the noise margin figure of 12.3db means my line has too much noise? I'm not sure if I can hear anything with a quiet line test. There does seem to be hiss, but thats with a cordless Panasonic phone.

regards,

Christine

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 9

Hi Christine

Target snr is 6db for a quiet line, also you suggest that was what it was previously.

When your snr increases your IP profile drops and thus the resultant line speed, as stated if your snr came down to 6db again, the IP profile would increase to what it was. The fact that you have an NTE5 socket fitted already suggests you have line noise that is being caused by external influences, like a poor connection in a road-side cabinet or your physical connection at the dslam.

If you here hiss on the line this will probably be the problem.

Tags (1)
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Engineer visit number 4.....................?

I'm in communication with the bt care team on this fault, but no word from them since Thursday 29th..Woman Sad

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 9

I would email one of the forum moderators to ask them to liase with the care team on your behalf, they will have been monitoring things, but if you mean 29th of Dec since you heard anything, does seem a bit excessive.

Try a mod, they're good at getting things resolved.

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Noooo, 29th two days ago.....I'll leave until Monday before chase them up...

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 9

In that case, give'em chance,....29th was only yesterday, Friday
lol
0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Sorry Thursday 28th.....