cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulbetty
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

How do you get someone to sort an order in BT?

I've worked for BT/openreach for 43 years until retirement and thought I knew my way araound the system glitches, until now!!  We have a family sim plan, quite simple, two sims with a discount on a 2gig plan. Rarely use the 2 gigs but recently found I was pushing the limits, so when I saw the offer of a 5 gig plan for the same money, thought I'd upgrade, big mistake!!  Tried to do it on line, got to the point where I could change a sim plan, but on one sim only, at that point I could see where the system was taking me, so rang for help.  Spent very nearly an hour with a guy in Truro, excellent interpersonal skills, wanting to learn but a recent recruit. He went around the same loops as me before suggesting he would refer for a call back.  That was Sunday, still waiting for that, so I complained, had a call back over the complaint, guy tried to deal with it by referring me to the sales team, who wouldn't deal as, you've guessed it, I was on the list for that call back!!! yesterday, spent over an hour with a guy in Newcastle, again a great guy, who tried what I had tried on line, again could upgrade one number to a 5 gig package, when you went back to upgrade the second sim, it warned you that you would then have no sims on the family plan, and would charge £17.01 for cancellation.  If you try to upgrade the sim plan it only offers a 12 and 20 gig plan, so no truck there. Guy in newcastle now suggests if we convert one sim to a 5 gig and then move it to the familiy plan, it should  upgrade as the plan has to be uniform.  Well yes, ahead of you there, it does work, it downgrades the 5 gig to a 2 gig!!

Anyone actually tried to reach someone with experience of systems? People are great but no experience and rely on screen wizards to teach, that's fine on the straightforward.  I now have three separate orders to get back to where I was before I started, only difference now is that  I was out of contact, i now apparently have a new 12 month contract for something I don't want, that apparently is progress??

Is there anyone out there who can take my two gig, two sim family package and upgrade it to its modern, 5 gig replacement, giving me an end bill  of £19/month, with discount, please?  Surely the reality is to ensure brand loyalty by trying to keep your existing customer base?

It would appear that the back office processes are failing, complaints/call backs basically have one target, not interested in resolution, just getting rid of it, especially if ignoring it is not monitored.  Heh ho!! is this progress, is this why the various fines have been imposed?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: How do you get someone to sort an order in BT?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 19

Hi @paulbetty

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having making changes to your BT Mobile service.  I can see that you have spent so much of your time on this.  I'm sorry it has taken so long and I do appreciate the time you have taken to contact us about this.

Can you send us over your details and we will give you a hand with this?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
paulbetty
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Hi Robbie, thanks for that, hopefully I now have someone "who can".  What info do you want from me?  Mobile nos are **Edited**

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 19

Hi @paulbetty

Can you click on my username and the link under my profile picture that says "click here to contact the mods"?

Once you complete that web form and your case reaches the top of our email queue one of the guys will be in touch.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
paulbetty
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Hi Robbie, all done.  Am I correct in thinking that this is a "standard" complaints type form? i.e goes to the centre as opposed to someone who deals? If so, no great faith still waiting a week on for one of those to reach the top of a queue, assuming then, that someone cares enough to actually process it.  I thought this forum would cherry pick the difficult, looks to me like someone is sanitising the comments and just injecting back into an already flawed complaints process?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

The form only goes to the small team of moderators based in NI. One of them will contact you personally, and take ownership.

0 Ratings
paulbetty
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Hi Robbie, I was dealing with Patric in NI on this problem and he said he would ring back today.  Any chance of forwarding this to him please.  I have raised, online, two orders 

The first to convert mobile ending in 085 to a sole 5Gig data plan has worked, the second for 079 allowed me to select an upgrade to a 5gig data plan generated the order, and prompted me to accept a £15+ cancellation of my plan.  Did this and its now sat in progress, and plan is still showing as a 2 gig family plan, with one SIM. The new family sim plan is showing as a 5gig plan, so why can't I convert to it? Please, can we sort this out, I keep going around in circles, it looks simpler to actually cease the plan and sign up for a new one, surely that CANNOT BE RIGHT?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 19

@paulbetty I'm sorry you wern't called back. @PaddyB has left notes advising he'll give you a call on Monday and I'll leave a message to let him know that you've posted. 

0 Ratings
paulbetty
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Hi, I'm still waiting for a contact on this.  As I said earlier I was able to generate TWO orders online, first one has converted to a 5 Gig plan, second order shows me as having ordered a five gig plan but has not actioned, still showing as a twio gig family sim plan.  I'm out until 16.00 today, can someone sort this please?  Can't believe that as a supposed market leader that its this hard to make an order.  The tesco six gig plan at a £1 more is looking increasingly attractive.

0 Ratings