Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hi2meuk
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

How do you get the DLM policy changed?

Go to solution

I have just been helping a friend with a stability issue.  The line drops synch when going on-hook and off-hook on the phone (on 20% occasions).  High rate of CRC errors and errored seconds all the time.  Home wiring seems OK, I-Plate did not help.  Line is very close to the exchange (10dB attenuation d/s and 22Mb/s d/s).  Line profile is Fast with only 3dB margin.  His sone is a gamer, so I think would be best with a fast line profile but with 6dB margin (sacrifice some speed for stability), and if that does not work, turn on interleaving instead.  I know DLM does not allow this degree of manual control, only fast, stable and super stable policies.

How does one go about getting BT Retail to change the DLM policy from Fast to Stable for a line?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do you get the DLM policy changed?

Go to solution
you can have the connection set to interleaved by contacting the forum mods however it would he the forum userds if you could post the full hub stats and also a full bt speed test For homehub – type 192.168.1.254 into your browser

Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right of the home page and scroll down to ADSL Settings and click on it

Click on More Details and then post the full results.

also post the full results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

also you could try the hints given by poster RogerB in this link they may help http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397
you could also try changing a filter as the drop of sync with the phone needs sorting first before any further action is taken
Then someone here may be able to help and offer more advice.

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators