cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murphy83
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

How does billing work when you change package part way through the month?

So my bill for this month has already been paid in advance, but I have upgraded package part way through the month.

How does this show on my next bill? Is there a breakdown which will show what extra charges/refunds there were for this month?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: How does billing work when you change package part way through the month?

Yes. The bill will show you a refund at the old charges and then recharge you at the new price.

stew

0 Ratings
murphy83
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for replyng.

So will it have two parts that show the ammended charges for the previous month & also the charges for the month ahead?

Cheers again.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

It probably won't have two parts.  Instead, they will intermingle the refunds and re-charges in whichever way leads to the most confusing bill possible.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

You normally would receive a single bill that would itemise each package and add-on and if the item has changed in price or been ceased it would apply a pro-rata  refund for the period paid in advance on the previous bill . The new rate for the revised package would be calculated pro-rata  for the remaining days of the last billing period and added onto the normal monthly advance charge.

0 Ratings
murphy83
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the replies, thought it would be confusing & sounds like it will be! At least I know what to expect now.

I know roughly what the amount should be, so as long as that tallies it's all good I guess.

0 Ratings