Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 29

Re: How is the Smart hub faring now?

Go to solution
I binned the home hub, fed up.of losing wireless connectivity. Moved to a TpLInk. Had no issues now.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
DavidCo
Expert
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

I found that whilst the HH6 was 'better' than the HH5 when I dropped the VR900 in I forgot it was thereSmiley Very Happy

Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Which version of VR900 do you have and do you know if it can cope with home plugs at all... ? 

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

I have the V2

I also use HomePlugs, Netgear & TP-Link.

Of course some people blame HomePlugs for intermittent errors that are actually cuased by the house wiring itself.

I'm lucky as my wiring was redone this decade/century

Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution
External antennas do not necessarily mean excellent Wi-Fi performance. Some are cheaply designed and can have horrible cabling between them and the PCB so can perform a lot worse than a well designed set of internal antennas. The Smart Hub has a very good Wi-Fi design for a free ISP router, its initial problems were more related to software stability but it is really good now. I'd definitely recommend it, if you can get one free rather than pay £100+ for a high street product!
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

I got my unuse free one in May. Does anyone have any idea how long it needs to be up and running for in order for BT to push the latest software to it as May will be out of date now? 

0 Ratings
urbanshepherd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution
Think it normally happens overnight, but just check the version the next day. It may also update automatically if jts hard reset and plugged in though not completely sure on this.
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

I plugged my Smart Hub in the other day after not having used it in a very long time.

It downloaded an update within 10 minutes (I could tell from the log) and I rebooted it immediately.

Worth noting though, I had some quite out of date firmware and it updated to SG4B10002244 - a newer version than I had but not the newest.

I believe the latest is now SG4B1000B316 so depending on how old your firmware is you might need multiple updates. I believe BT push new updates in batches depending on your serial number etc.

Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution
Brilliant. Thanks
0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

Hi

I've just plugged mine in and it's updated to SG4B10002244, just as yours did. How stable is it on this please? Did yours ever update to most recent?

Thanks

0 Ratings