Just give it a day or so.

B316 is a 'good' update.

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 29

Re: How is the Smart hub faring now?

Go to solution

Happy to report that, so far so good with the Hub 6 set up. This is the third Hub 6 I've had - the first being when it first was issued and had a mixture of green line of death and poor reception. Tried again with a Hub I was given in June when I renewed and didn't use it until now - and it's not bad. Thank you everyone for your help setting this up and explaining the recent software numbers etc. I'm now on SG4B1000B316 (four days after plugging the hub in) having had a decent connection with the one ending 2244 to which it updated withing an hour or so of plugging it in.

Fingers crossed. 

0 Ratings
joepineapples
Contributor
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

Still going well Burmey?

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution
Yes, so far!
0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

Ok, so the latest update in January has screwed my wifi once again. Constant drop outs, buffering on both uploads and downloads and even Iplayer is having problems unless I'm in the same room as the router.SG4B1000B522 seems to be the offending firmware version on Jan 14th for me.

Does anyone have any version since this? Hoping for a fix for this soon. 

0 Ratings
urbanshepherd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution
I have that exact version and it’s been completely solid for me (and have had lots of issues prior) so it may not be the firmware?
0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

For all the different firmware versions, some people have been ok and some not. This firmware may be ok for you, while the other one was better for me. It just seems too much of a conincidence that the problems started shortly after the update. I had problems with some of the other versions too.

0 Ratings
urbanshepherd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution
I didn't have problems with the previous one either.

Not trying to cause any anger, just advising that if you're the only one, it may not be the firmware.
0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

Hi - thanks - I realise you are only trying to be helpful. I just cant think what else can have caused the issues. Just seems a bit of a conincidence that when I tracked back and worked out the start of the issues and them looked at the firmware date, they started a week after.