Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 7

How is this possible.?

Go to solution

My speed tests and profile have always been good,but the profile is now standing at higher than my package maximum.

The profile is now at 87.5,it is usually 77.42.

The DLM system really likes me.:)

tester_result.jpg

tester_result.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ryant704
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: How is this possible.?

Go to solution

See here, http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/IP-profile-now-87/td-p/721582

Was also a thread as well...

It's funny because the profiles are the exact same, Wholesale doing tests or just an error?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

They might be thinking about another speed increase for infinity 2,I hope so.

Thanks! for the info.

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@ironman123 wrote:

They might be thinking about another speed increase for infinity 2,I hope so.

Thanks! for the info.

I know they're increasing profiles somewhere (youkshire If i remember) but there has been no news to do it where some of the people are located.

P.S More than luckily would be Infinity 3 🙂

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I reckon the only speed increases that would be seen is the people nearest the cabinet who are capable of higher speeds, I done a reboot last night and saw no impovement. So for you lucky lot a stone throw away from the cabinet, you may seem some lucky increases if the cap gets released 😉

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
I'm sure Aarong is right. My Max available sync is 86888, so I don't expect to see a sync much over the 75260 I currently have, profile 72.85. Still much better than my 58 estimate. Any higher value will be nice for the happy few who can benefit; though I doubt they will see a significant real life benefits 99% of the time.

It's even possible that for some DLM will decide to give them the extra 10Mbps they don't need, but at the expense of interleaving they don't want to make the higher speed stable.
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@sjtp wrote:
I'm sure Aarong is right. My Max available sync is 86888, so I don't expect to see a sync much over the 75260 I currently have, profile 72.85. Still much better than my 58 estimate. Any higher value will be nice for the happy few who can benefit; though I doubt they will see a significant real life benefits 99% of the time.

It's even possible that for some DLM will decide to give them the extra 10Mbps they don't need, but at the expense of interleaving they don't want to make the higher speed stable.

I'm glad you saw the better side of your estimate, got estimated 65MB and get 45MB on a good day lol!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings