cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

How keep my old BT email address after closing account and move to existing new BT account

Go to solution

Hello, I keep going round in circles trying to solve this problem - I  have read the information about linking/moving your email address to a new account but I still don't get how to actually do it!

I have two BT accounts with broadband (two telephone lines with different numbers)... long story....   and am in the process of closing the old account but I want to keep my old email address and move it to my new BT account. When I log into my new account, I am unable to add my old email address as it is already in use. I don't want to wait until the old account has closed (due to close 03/10/16) in case my old email address is lost.

Any help would be really appreciated please.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: How keep my old BT email address after closing account and move to existing new BT account

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Re: How keep my old BT email address after closing account and move to existing new BT account

Go to solution
Thank you Keith. Much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @aaf1966

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry that you feel like you're going round in circles trying to sort this out.  I'm sure we can help add the email address on to the broadband account.

You can send us over your details and we'll get back to you.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I went through the same nonsense reacently, the merging of assets with my email account was a brutal experience, long story short is that after 2 months of nonsense with call centres here there and everwhere, a lot of expletives, wasting of time. 

Pain Pain Pain, check your history, they had been stealing Premium Email charges from me for 4 years. 

THey really are a bunch of fly ******* and useless ****** into the bargain!.

Drop BT as soon as you can, i keep hearing they are all the same, not after what i've been through, there is no one this bad on customer relations out there, i firmly belive this

Grrrrrrrrr..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Hi - I haven't had any response from mods yet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Mods delay is about six working days at the moment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
oh ok, thank you Keith, I didn't realise that - my message said 48 hours so thought I might have slipped through the net. Just a bit worried because my old account is due to close soon and I don't want to lose the email addresses associated with it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

The 48 hours is an automatic thing which they cannot change. When they are not busy, then 48 hours can be possible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, could Robbie or another moderator please get intouch again re losing email addresses?

Thanks!

0 Ratings