cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhyds
Expert
Message 1 of 7

How long before BT produce my final bill?

Background:

I moved from BT to plusnet last month. Broadband moved on the 2nd of July (had to change routers so it definitely changed over, and I had to use my plusnet username and password to get a connection), and the line rental/calls moved over on the 16th of July. Therefore, from the 16/07/14 on my usage was being billed to plusnet.

BT then emailled me to let me know my broadband order had been actioned and set up on the 26th of July. I was told by the call centre staff to ignore this.

Now, at the end of July I recieved a regular BT bill (not marked as final or anything) for my previous calls and broadband package AND BT total broadband option 2, ammounting to £52.07 and running from the 22nd of July to the 21st of Augsut

I've cancelled my direct debit, as I won't pay £52.07 for services I simply couldn't have used. 

The big question is, is this suprious July bill a final bill, or are they seperate?

Also, If they are seperate, how long does it take for BT to generate them?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: How long before BT produce my final bill?

Contact Live Chat and ask them. You can keep a copy of the transcript for your records in case anything goes wrong.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
rhyds
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Unfortunately live chat was as useful as a politician in a crisis. The staff member simply didn't understand the problem.

What I need is for a Mod to clarify the following points:

1: The outstanding balance on the account is for services I have neither ordered, used or will be using. Am I still expected to pay for these services (per month) before the final bill arrives?

(It's academic as I've cancelled my DD, but I don't want my credit rating harmed by BT incompetence)

2: Will the final bill really take 45 days (that's a month and a half and another billing date) to produce?

3: Why is the "creation" date for the final bill running  from 10 days after my service left BT? (when BT decided to order broadband on my behalf on my account for no reason), adding even more delay and confusion.

All I want to do is settle my bills and close my account. As far as I can tell my outstanding balance should be £0.00 (or even a small refund), as my June bill paid my calls and broadband up to their switching dates in July (Broadband 2nd July, Line rental and calls 16th July).

0 Ratings
rhyds
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Still no response it seems. I'm rather glad I've left now...

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 7

Hi rhyds, 

Can you send me over your details and I will be in touch about this. 

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you will the link to get in touch with us.  Whenever we receive your details we will go from there. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
rhyds
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Done.

0 Ratings
rhyds
Expert
Message 7 of 7

I was finally contacted yesterday by a member of BT's social media support team who has finally managed to sort this situation out.

0 Ratings