cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 62

Re: How long does it take for a cabinet to get power......

Go to solution

Exchange PRESCOT is served by Cabinet 1

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)27.319.15.83.9--30-Sep-15
FTTC Range B (Impacted)21.610.74.92--30-Sep-15

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 5.5--3 to 8Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 5.5Up to 13 to 8Available
ADSL MaxUp to 4--3 to 7Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------30-Sep-15
Copper Multicast------Available

Can you let us know how you get on if you chase them again please?

Do you know where this cabinet Physically is located?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 22 of 62

Go to solution

I beginngt to come the conclusion that St Helens and maybe Knowsley too are being pushed back and back in the great infinity fail out. Our cabinet has been in for 12 months now and we are still no closer.

I've actually given up now and come to the conclusion that no one cares. Where my parents live in Rainford has had infinity for at least 18 months. But the rest of the town has been completely forgotten about

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 23 of 62

Go to solution

Now april 2015  .. OpenReach you are a joke..

menawhile the road junction and pavement in front of the box has bee remodelled had traffic lights installed but th eopenreach box remains without power

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 62

Go to solution
the supply of power to the cabinet is nothing to do with Openreach that is down to the local power company and is down to their work scheduling not Openreach's
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 62

Go to solution
I live in haydock and know someone that works for st helens council on planning deptartment.im still running on 0.5 copper line.cabinets have been installed in parts of haydock but not my cabinet should of been done in june 2012.
the problem is bt just want to go straight in an start work but st helens council want them to register every job with a time frame ie start date and finish date
but because bt think they can do what they want when they want they as they say took the ball in and not playing.this is why st helens area is taking so long to do.
either bt or st helens council has to back down otherwise the issue will just drag on
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 26 of 62

Go to solution

Now APRIL 2015 and guess what ...P39 is now Fibre enabled.

So the answer to the op is about 4 years and the efforts of 1 MP, 3 councillors and pressure from a business quango.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 27 of 62

Go to solution
Shame that's not my cabinet. I'm beginning to think that it may never happen. Thankfully 4G has arrived so that plus a large data plan that allows tethering has solved my speed issue.

Still appalling from Openreach or whoever is holding this up for so long. It's been covered in the local press now but nothing is likely to change
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 28 of 62

Go to solution

June 2015.. Still waiting in eccleston.

No decent 4G coverage, 2 kids streaming Youtube.. FOCUS petition signed, local councillors spoken to.. And, cabinet shows UNDER REVIEW.

I hear that it will be December, thats from inside and un-officicial.

July is indicated by some sources, but.. who knows.

A little begrudged to give any money to anyone for broadband after the farce. What option do we have?

Just as a quick point.. I know that some people looking at houses for sale are avoiding those without fibre connection, thats a big problem for those with internet using families. We can add putting off potential buyers to our list of issues.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 62

Go to solution

if your can is under review then you just have to wait for openreach to update the cab status which may or may not be good news

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 30 of 62

Go to solution

DOnt want to burst your bubble loopyonion but my cabinet has been in for 2 years and we are still no closer to getting fibre.

Apparently it might be done by the end of September

Or openreach will change the date again. Currently a race between virgin and openreach as to who can supply us with fibre first.

I would never move again to a house unless it had confirmed fibreoptic broadband.

I wish you all the best in eccleston and hope you might get connected before 2020!