cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rob_
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

How long does it take to change Noise margin profiles?, Is my IP Profile stuck?

Go to solution

I have been put on a 9db Noise margin profile because the router I was using got stuck in a reconnection loop and was just wondering how long it will take to go back to my normal 6db profile? 

It dropped my sync from 1440 sync to 1056 which is quite a lot on a slow connection. (1250 profile to 750)

Since I have been using a old netgear router with the DG Team firmware to force my Noise margin back to what it was (By doing this my sync is also back to normal). Will this stop my profile from changing? 

Also on my a IP profile point. Mine after 5-6 days my IP profile is still on 750 when it should be 1250 (1440 sync). 750 --> 1250 = 67% change which should take 12 plus/minus a few hours? Would you say I could call this stuck?

Thanks for your time and help, Rob. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
greglloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: How long does it take to change Noise margin profiles?, Is my IP Profile stuck?

Go to solution
If your target SNR has gone to 9db, it will take 14 days of stable connection at that SNR before the DSLAM will try you on a lower margin. the BRAS profile will then adjust back up 3 days after you sync at the higher speed again.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: How long does it take to change Noise margin profiles?, Is my IP Profile stuck?

Go to solution

@Rob_ wrote:

Also on my a IP profile point. Mine after 5-6 days my IP profile is still on 750 when it should be 1250 (1440 sync). 750 --> 1250 = 67% change which should take 12 plus/minus a few hours? Would you say I could call this stuck?

That only applies to about 60% of connections and the rest, like me and by the sound of it you, are in the other 40% and take 3/5 days steady connection,

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

or longer over 6days to get ip rise from 10000k to 11000k and still waiting

0 Ratings
Rob_
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ok thanks for the quick replies. Got all the information I need.

Thanks for that Greglloyd Its going to be a long 14 days for the before the target SNR to change :P. 

imjolly thanks for the clearing that up. I thought it applied to everybody. 

Thanks, Rob.

0 Ratings