Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 23

Re: How long for IP Profile to unstick itself

There must be interference at one particular narrow band of frequencies for there to be that sort of disparity between upstream and downstream. Or maybe the DSLAM is not transmitting one of the downstream bands.

0 Ratings
P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Just did another quiet line test there is very minor line noise now its hard to make out but its definately there. how do I go about getting that line noise removed please?

0 Ratings
P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Just did the online BT landline fault checker it says there is an another external fault outside & has given me a 4 day SLA for it to be fixed within so lets see what happens then I guess.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

Possible a partial earth or battery contact. That would affect your speed.

0 Ratings
P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Is that something the line engineer will easily spot & fix when they look to fix the line noise problem?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

I'd hope so!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 17 of 23

BT engineer just called me to say he has replaced the cable outside so now my stats are a little better & will hopefully improve the IP profile slightly in a few days as it trains itself to the new cable.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

You're on a banded profile with 74mbps being the max.
It could take days weeks or months to change but really, the most you'd gain would be another 2meg so it's really not worth worrying about.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Sorry but there is no way on earth I am going to accept the loss of bandwidth. It was always 77-79Mb down & 20 Up. Right now I am only getting 69mb down & 17Mb up on the BT wholesale speedtester. my ip profile is 71mb down 20 up.

This all happened after a BT engineer spent a day in a neighours property then that caused me 6 weeks of unstable\slow service. Why on earth should I have to pay for that incompetence & be stuck with a slower service & expected to pay more money for it as well as BT having raised their prices!!

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 23

Once DLM releases the banding your speed should go up to about 74-75Mb/s. If you think it's worth trying to get C/S involved for a matter 3-5Mb/s feel free to waste your time.

I would be happy the fault was found and rectified 3-5Mb/s is unnoticeable on the speeds you are getting.

0 Ratings