Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

How long for IP Profile to unstick itself

Bit of a saga this one!

Had the BT engineer(s) both in recently. Line fault engineer for external copper joint fault then Broadband engineer as well as a new HH5. Line reset was performed by Broadband Engineer on 21st October. For 8 days the line was stable but no IP profile change it stayed on the exact same stats so then I noticed that the HH5 stats showed the IP profile was less than the line data rates so I powered off the HH5 yesterday & the IP profile jumped to the expected 78 mb down 20 mb Up. All was well for about a day then just now the line reset on its own & has taken the IP profile back to the previous stuck for 8 days value of 57Mb Down 20 Up.

Is this normal or is the IP profile stuck as when I had issues a few weeks ago eventually the IP profile got stuck in the impacted band hence why the BT broadband engineer had to visit last week to perform a line reset.

Right now my IP profile is still way below what the line is a capable of & what I pay for. Do I need to wait a bit longer or is DLM just slow to sort out previously impacted lines?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: How long for IP Profile to unstick itself

If the engineer arranged a line reset then DLM should not be stuck. Can you post lines 1-12 from the hubs Troubleshooting/helpdesk page.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 23

It can take several weeks of stable and low errors connection before the DLM will release you to a higher profile
This link explains more http://community.plus.net/library/browsing/fttc-dlm-what-it-is-how-it-works/
0 Ratings
P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 5 of 23

These are the HH5 stats yesterday after I rebooted the HH5 for the 1st time in 8 days of stable connection:

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

There is something distinctly odd with those stats. Your downstream SNR and data rates don't stack up with your upstream figures.

Edit: That was in response to your first screenshot, the second is more in line with what I woukd expect to see.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 23

Have you tried connecting directly to the test socket to eliminate any internal wiring issues
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 23

You haven't been banded as your max data rate is also low.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

The line is not fully utilising all of the possible frequencies. It could be that there is a lot of noise and crosstalk on the line, which was not there before the line fault.

If they changed the "D" side pair, then it may be of poorer quality than your original pair, for example, it may be unbalanced. This would not show on the line attenuation figure, but would affect your broadband speed.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Openreach may have revised the expected speed for your line.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

P-a-u-l
Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Line test is clear no noise. Once again yesterday BT sent an engineer to the block of flats I live in to do something (not for me though) ........after my stats seem worse could it be that once again the BT engineer has done something outside the property which has caused the line to drop back to a lower IP profile?

Openreach told me last week if I did not get a minimum of 67Mb download on these stats then I would need to book another Broadband engineer visit! So for 9 days now I have been getting just under 60mb how long do I need to wait before booking another Broadband engineer as this issue has been ongoing for about 6-7 weeks now?

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings