cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

How long from cabinet stand to available to Order?

After a long and painful two years of delays and disruptions, it looks like the cabinet I'm on is due to be upgraded a week on Monday. The work is scheduled to finish at the end of that week. How long do you reckon I'm probably going to have to wait in between the cabinet going up and me being able to order fibre?? The exchange is already fibre enabled. On the BT website it says the next stage is connect and activate. How long will that take??

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dan
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: How long from cabinet stand to available to Order?

There is no set time. It can take months for a cabinet to be commissioned.

0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

You know I'm talking about work after the cabinet has gone up?? Not the process of putting it up. If that's what you meant that's fine. However, you say it can take months. The emphasis on "can" what would be considered a quick time for it to all be completed??
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

It can be anything from a couple of weeks to a couple of years
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

a few weeks to a year there is no fixed time scale many delays are caused by blocked cable ducts stopping fibre being blown and also waiting for the power companies to connect power to the cabinet
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I saw both replies that said a couple of weeks and was feeling pretty good. Then saw "to a year". If it takes anywhere near that long I'm going to cry.... I hope, for my sanity at least, it a a lot closer to the "few weeks" that you've both said it could be. Either way, thanks for your help guys!
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

What's your postcode?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Sy12 9lx
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Keep an eye on roadworks.org for the location of the cab.

Any digs for the power or closures for duct unblocking will show on there.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 10

@Littlepace wrote:
After a long and painful two years of delays and disruptions, it looks like the cabinet I'm on is due to be upgraded a week on Monday. The work is scheduled to finish at the end of that week. How long do you reckon I'm probably going to have to wait in between the cabinet going up and me being able to order fibre?? The exchange is already fibre enabled. On the BT website it says the next stage is connect and activate. How long will that take??

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dan

Keep checking to hear if a fan is running.

0 Ratings