Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 52

Re: How long should I be waiting for a mac-code

@steftymo wrote:

Who are these people....Time to name and shame...

Or give us a clue like who they Be, or Talk about!!!! Maybe they are 24 hours from Tulsa or they're not Pink they're O..... 

Ps I'm enjoying this mulled wine Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
saintalan
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 52

Steady there PC.Smiley Wink

I guess the OP is concerned that until he has finally switched they may still be awkward, but then let's rip...

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 52

very true 🙂

i've been speaking to someone else regarding this and it seems it's also a bt issue - bt supply the mac to move to them, but to move back they wont accept the mac code. So I would have to wait for the disconnection to go ahead and then place the order with BT meaning I will be without an internet service for at least 10 days which I would not be able to do as there are occassions when i need to work from home.

As a last resort I could get a new line installed, order Infinity on it and then cancel my old line and have it removed

0 Ratings
miles_safer
Expert
Message 34 of 52

But then you run the risk of some one disconnecting the line you've just set up with InfinitySmiley Wink

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 35 of 52

@walkerx wrote:

i've been speaking to someone else regarding this and it seems it's also a bt issue - bt supply the mac to move to them, but to move back they wont accept the mac code. 

There seems to be some confusion here.  No ISP, and that includes BT, supplies a MAC in order to move to them, they are only supplied by the ISP you wish to leave. 

As others have said, whoever your ISP is, they should supply the MAC quickly and certainly should not make you wait until they have disconnected you.  You then apply to BT for Infinity, giving them the MAC, and you should only be off-line for under an hour whilst the engineer is changing you over at the cabinet and installing the new modem and Home Hub in your home.

You must then make certain that your old ISP is told that you are no longer with them and that they must stop billing you. 

Do not assume that they will do that automatically.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 52

@A1944 wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

i've been speaking to someone else regarding this and it seems it's also a bt issue - bt supply the mac to move to them, but to move back they wont accept the mac code. 

There seems to be some confusion here.  No ISP, and that includes BT, supplies a MAC in order to move to them, they are only supplied by the ISP you wish to leave. 

As others have said, whoever your ISP is, they should supply the MAC quickly and certainly should not make you wait until they have disconnected you.  You then apply to BT for Infinity, giving them the MAC, and you should only be off-line for under an hour whilst the engineer is changing you over at the cabinet and installing the new modem and Home Hub in your home.

You must then make certain that your old ISP is told that you are no longer with them and that they must stop billing you. 

my old isp was bt and i moved to my current isp using a mac-code - that's why i said bt i should have said any isp.

they are saying that BT will not accept a mac-code back because they are SLU and BT have have no process to use that mac-code to move people back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 52

Mac Code's take all of about 10 seconds to generate. They will all come up in Tags, Eco Pre Order and Openreach systems within minutes of each other. I mean my ISP refused to give me my MAC Code, so instead I just contacted BT Wholesale directly using an e-mail address I've kept close to hand and they provided it for me there, and away I was from that ISP!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 52

@walkerx wrote:

@A1944 wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

my old isp was bt and i moved to my current isp using a mac-code - that's why i said bt i should have said any isp.

they are saying that BT will not accept a mac-code back because they are SLU and BT have have no process to use that mac-code to move people back.

But all they have to do is issue the MAC code, they do not need to know /you do not need to tell them who you are moving too. End of their involvement.Smiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 52

i've managed to sort something out with BT tonight 🙂 which will not require my mac-code

regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 52

@walkerx wrote:

i've managed to sort something out with BT tonight 🙂 which will not require my mac-code

regards

Hi walkerx, glad you got something sorted out.

When it is over and to your satisfaction, I hope you complain to Ofcom about the situation that you found yourself in through no fault of your own.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings