cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 33

Re: How long to "accepting orders" for FTTP/FTTH after fibre manifolds installed?

Go to solution

@BBNotSpot wrote:

Anyone have an email address to contact the CEO's office?

you cannot post that information on the forum but nothing stopping you using google

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
noemont
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 33

Re: How long to "accepting orders" for FTTP/FTTH after fibre manifolds installed?

Go to solution

Search for 'joe garner openreach email' - that'll get you there.

0 Ratings
BBNotSpot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks.  Yes, got the email address. If I get a response, I'll post anything that can be shared.

As an aside, he is leaving Openreach to be CEO at Nationwide soon.  I see in the press some new pressure from OFCOM (and other telecom providers) to have Openreach split-off from BT and become independent and more accountable? 

avast
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

Try this link but just enter your post code:-
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

0 Ratings
BBNotSpot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks.

I had tried that and it has given me an "Under Review" status for the last several months.  This is in contrast to the status for the village from Connecting Cambridgeshire website: "Superfast broadband is forecast to be available in your area between September and December 2015."

The BT Adsl checker gives no indication of any imminent change (postcode or tel number).

I spoke with Connecting Cambridgeshire last week and was told that BT Openreach are saying there may be a technical problem with the FTTP provisioning which may require more physical work (just as the deadline gets near) which would then reset the commissioning period of up to 90 days.  No data on what the problem is, where it is, when it will be addressed and what the likely date for commissioing completion will be.   Now waiting to see what happens next...

0 Ratings
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution
Just been looking through this post and it sounds exactly like the situation I'm currently in.

I'm scheduled for fttp and fibre manifolds were installed on the poles about 2 weeks ago but no news on when to order.

It's been a couple of months since the last post on this and was wondering if you have managed to get your fttp installed yet?
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution

Are you both in Stow Longa by any chance ?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

@gazm1990 wrote:
Just been looking through this post and it sounds exactly like the situation I'm currently in.

I'm scheduled for fttp and fibre manifolds were installed on the poles about 2 weeks ago but no news on when to order.

It's been a couple of months since the last post on this and was wondering if you have managed to get your fttp installed yet?

Have you tried the fibre order team who may have more info?

0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
BBNotSpot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution

Hello gazm1990.  No, we still do not have FTTP.

The date was pushed back to end March 2016 just as the previous 90-day commissioning period was coming to an end in Dec 2015. The FTTP sales order line does not have any more information. The BT Openreach website (http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/) is not helpful as it says "exploring solutions" for our area (and my tel number), which is patently out-of-date.  The frustration is getting any information from BT OpenReach about current status as we (the bill payers) cannot talk to them directly. To check on progress, I found the best option was calling the funding body (if you have one) relevant to your area such "Connecting Cambridgeshire".  

I was told that BT Openreach allows itself (up to?) 90 days after completion of the physical work (putting up the poles and installing the fibre manifolds etc) before you can order FTTP. Good luck with your FTTP provisioning and I hope you suffer fewer delays than we are.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

@gazm1990 wrote:

Have you tried the fibre order team who may have more info?

0800 587 4787

@pippincp

Would you anticipate that the fibre order team would know anything more than this ?

The cabinets serving Stow Longa were originally scheduled for an earlier phase, however this is taking longer than anticipated due to extra poles needed to complete the FTTP build. It is now anticipated that the cabinets will go live by the end of March 2016.

0 Ratings