cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: How long to "accepting orders" for FTTP/FTTH after fibre manifolds installed?

Go to solution
@pippincp

I did try the fttp order team on that number about a week ago and the lady said that some of their systems show that it's available but some show that it's not ready yet. She said she would do some more digging and call me back in a few days but that never happened 😢. It would be nice if they could just give you a date of expected completion.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 33

Re: How long to "accepting orders" for FTTP/FTTH after fibre manifolds installed?

Go to solution
I'd call back and chase it up.

Cabinet activation date is irrelevant for FTTP.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

@gazm1990

I have this feeling that you could well be in Stow Longa together with the OP but you did not reply to my post.

If you are, then I posted the information from CC a few posts up.  That will likely have the information before anything else.

0 Ratings
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution
@pompey1898

Sorry for not responding. No I am not in Stow Longa sorry. I am in rural mid Wales but I am in the same scenario as the OP regarding activation of fttp. The fibre manifold is on the pole outside my house and I'm just waiting to be able to place an order.
0 Ratings
James-C
BT Expert
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @gazm1990

Have you tried contacting Superfast Cymru to see what the latest info is? As even though the manifolds are up, there may still be more work to do on the infrastructure further down or up the deployment architecture.

Village near me, had their Fibre manifolds up since the Summer last year however more work is still needing to be done. This was also being done under the Superfast Cymru BDUK/SEP programme.

Once all the infrastructure has been installed, then it can take a few weeks (seen Superfast Cymru quote 6-8weeks in some cases) before the BT Wholesale Database will say WBC FTTP is available.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

Re:Stow Longa: the structure to provide FTTP was completed, however, some additional junction boxes were identified and the good news is that this work is now due to be complete by mid-March. The structure will then go into the final testing phase which may take a few weeks and push the go live date into April. We are keeping the Parish Council up to date about this.

0 Ratings
BBNotSpot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 33

Go to solution

Thank you pompey1898.

Yes, had just heard that very news.  So, after many years of waiting, I hope this time it is real. I am looking forward to being able to enjoy modern-day broadband speeds.  I will post an update once I am able to order 🙂

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

@BBNotSpot

I have received confirmation that 2 other very local areas that were promised fibre by the end of March do now have it.

Unfortunately my contact at CC is out of the office till late next week so I don't know the score for Stow Longa but it might be worth you checking.

0 Ratings
BBNotSpot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks pompey1898.

I have been checking regularly on the BT adsl checker, but there has been no change.  The Connecting Cambridgeshire page for my area says "by end March 2016", so I contacted them.  They have told me that they are chasing BT for a new date (this will be the 5th delayed date we will now get from BT) and will know more by end of next week - so by 15-April.

0 Ratings
BBNotSpot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

I was hoping to report good news by now, but the sorry tale continues.

Connecting Cambridgeshire are now reporting that BT expect fibre to be available by end-June.  So, essentially fobbed off to another quarer end.  The addtional work that was identified (3 new poles) just as the 2015 year end deadline appeared was due to finsih mid-Jan, then mid-Feb, then mid-March, then mid-April, and now.....yes, you guessed it, mid-May !

What other commercial business could get away with this repeated failure to deliver to any deadline, even a deadline that they themselves set?

0 Ratings