cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

How long will sport be free?

I have just joined BT on fibre optic and also have the youview box with them.

I keep hearing and seeing things saying BT sport free for a second season as if it won't be for long or something but this is the main reason I joined BT.

Is there plans to start charging eventually to broadband customers once they have you tied into a contract?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: How long will sport be free?

Tired into a contract?
BT have said BT Sports will be free for another season. We all will see what/if any changes for next year.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 14

As BT have tired up exclusive rights to the Champions League we might just see some changes next year.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 14

PP, I think our play on words is now superfluous given the amended OP statement.
It was good while it lasted.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 14

Never mind, I was tied of it anyway.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Yes and your immature behaviour to a simple typing mistake pretty much sums up the service I have had from BT so far... Pathetic.

Can't wait to go back to sky what a mistake it was leaving them.

God help these forums when two distinguished members behave like this.
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 14

Hold on. You asked a question and you got an answer. A bit of fun was added.
I apologise if my answer to your question offended you.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 14

@zolah wrote:

Is there plans to start charging eventually to broadband customers once they have you tied into a contract?

This is from the BT Sport Terms and Conditions.

Price Changes

53.  We may increase the price for BT Sport at any time during your subscription. If we do so we will give you 40 days' advance notice and you will have the opportunity to end your subscription without paying the higher price provided you let us know within 10 days of the date of the letter.

However, BT have made it very clear through recent advertising that they intend to keep it free for BT Broadband customers from Aug 2014 through Jul 2015 (the 2nd season). What about after that? The honest truth is that none of us know. I doubt BT even know the specifics at this stage, though they may have a plan.

Note that even if they did end the free offer they might still offer it at a reduced price to BT Broadband customers.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

"Note that even if they did end the free offer they might still offer it at a reduced price to BT Broadband customers."

Equally they might not.

Whether BT Sport is value for you will depend on what sport you want to watch. If football is your thing then you have a choice between Sky and BT, which you prefer is a personal choice. Some, however, are not interested in football. For example if English Premiership Rugby is your sporting desire then you only have the one option whether you are a BT or Sky customer.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 14

@cooperman wrote:
"Note that even if they did end the free offer they might still offer it at a reduced price to BT Broadband customers."

Equally they might not.

True, but current evidence suggests it's a distinct possibility. At present you need a live, minimum-period broadband contract to get BTS free; if you don't renew but remain a BT BB customer you can keep BTS at a reduced price.

--
0 Ratings