cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: How many times do you have to tell the call centre the same thing - MY SPEED IS SLOW!!

Go to solution
a very good result shows what can be done with persistence and the mods as well
0 Ratings
Highlighted
oldeng99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Re: How many times do you have to tell the call centre the same thing - MY SPEED IS SLOW!!

Go to solution

Problem appears to be solved its working nicely at over the speed I used to get, download is still over 10meg.

DSL link is still over 11 meg connection.

The advice to send to the Mods is good advice it works, the guy that contacted me was helpful and I would reccomend anyone suffering this kind of problems - once you eliminate the dreaded wireless and internal wiring/filters then this is the way to go.

Thank you forum and thank you mods !!

0 Ratings
oldeng99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Update for anyone interested?

Two weeks on and the speed has increased - the DSL router to exchange is running at 13.998meg. and download is well over 11 meg most of the time.

Uplioad is 1.1 meg.

The router has not to my knowledge stopped or had a glitch or reset. The evening drop outs have ceased.

Having gone over what I did in the house, whilst changing over temporarily to the BT home hub to eliminate my Belkin router I did put a new filter on line, so possibly that helped? Worth anyone suffering trying.

I also have a homehub Lan extender which I know others on the forum say can cause interferance to the router,

during the problems I took this fully off line and only used direct connection or wireless, after getting back to normal

one of the units did not work correctly so have swapped it out. Again dont know if this helped but all I can say is the forum and mods are great - persist and stay calm as it worked out very well in the end.

PS Still not on the main socket but its exactly the same on this socket as tested during the problems so not intending moving it.

l

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
great to know things are progressing in the correct direction if you ever need any further help please post post back and someone will be pleased to help anytime
0 Ratings