cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salmonfish72
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

How many wireless devices that can connect at any one time. How to check?

Mine BT WiFi Hub 3.0

I am unable to have my WiFi Radio Receiver and Samsung Smart TV both connected at the same time. Turning off my Samsung TV allows the WiFi Radio receiver to come to life..

My DHCP Network Range (default) 192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253 (Default) 

Is there a limit placed on BT WiFi as to how many wireless clients are allowed to work simultaneously?

Thanks for your reply

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Salmonfish72
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

How could I get both -WiFi radio & Samsung Smart TV- on my home WiFi both simultaneously functional

Hello There,

I have this WiFi Radio Receiver (OXX Vantage Linux run radio receiver) connected to my home WiFi since 2008 had no problem until yesterday when I connected my new Samsung Smart TV {UE46H7000STTXXU}

During setting up my new TV followed the onscreen instructions to get it connected to my home WiFi (WPA & WPA2 protected) by typing my home WiFi password.

As soon as I connected the WiFi radiostreaming stopped.

I could get my WiFi radio streaming working if I turn off my new TV.

Each device have their own IP address as chosen by my BT WiFi Router..(I did not designate any of these addresses)

I have tried my Home WiFi channels in all possible alternatives from Automatic  (Smartwireless) to Channel 1 through to 13 with no avail.

My Router is BT Hub 3.0

Can anyone help me with this difficulty?

Regards

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: How could I get both -WiFi radio & Samsung Smart TV- on my home WiFi both simultaneously fun

The Homehub  should be able to support numerous wireless devices being connected at the same time. It might be a wireless interference problem rather than to many devices connected.

Is your Homehub near to the TV?

0 Ratings
Salmonfish72
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Re: How could I get both -WiFi radio & Samsung Smart TV- on my home WiFi both simultaneously fun

BT Home Hub is about 20 feet away from my TV.

I could not connect my TV to Home Hub through ethernet or usb.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

If you do a search of the forum for Samsung TV you will find many posts about the Samsung TV being a problem to connect. I haven't checked them so I don't know if there is a common fix for it.

0 Ratings