cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: How to be treated as a new customer

gg30340, I do the same as you every renewal, and like you have found that I can usually at least match, if not better the previous year's costs.

Unfortunately for me, BT came nowhere close to giving me a deal as an existing customer that they were willing to offer new customers.  It seems they weren't interested they would lose my custom if they couldn't match their new customer deals.

Yes, it's a pain and it shouldn't be necessary. BT are the ones forcing me down this road, and they are the one's loosing out because while I'm waiting to be reconnected, they aren't getting any revenue from me!  There's also the additional burden of BT having to disconnect, then reconnect a perfectly good BT line, which is adding to the work load of their engineers.

It makes absolutely no sense to me why they just don't offer their existing customers the same deals they offer to new customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 28

It is no burden on BT Retail it is Openreach the do all that work every day of the week it is nothing extra the phone line just has a soft dial tone until reconnected and that is just a software change the only extra work is re installing broadband and that would have happened if you had changed providers the only loser I see is you with no service while all this happens

if they offered the same prices as they do to new customers there would be no incentive for people to move providers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 28

so your saying we should be changing suppliers? personal im off to vodaphone as they will save me £240 a year.

I gave BT the option to keep my custom but not only couldn't they match the new customer price they were also unwilling to throw a new router in, bearing in mind that due to being a loyal BT customer for the past 6 years my router is well due an upgrade.

so, bing bong, i'm gone!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 28

Have you read the many forum posts about the problem some people are having with the hub 6 if your present one is working there is no need to change it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 28

then why are BT using it as a unique selling point? I wasn't asking the world, i was happy to pay a few quid above other ISP's prices. But as was being forced to sign up for another 12 months due to moving house, i wanted a fair deal, unfortunatly it showed me how i was regarded in the eyes of BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 28

regards the cease fee BT charge, they are charging me the £30 for stopping the broadband, even though I have migrated to another supplier. Infprmed this is a charge applied to ALL BT customers leaving BT bb

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 28

the cease fee is charged if the correct transfer procedure is used also the charge is raised by Openreach and passed on to BT and also the same applies with other providers as well

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

In the T & Cs it states the fee will not be charged if the standard transfer process is followed. I have followed that process.

Have argueed this point with cs on the phone and livechat, and both times they have said this is a charge applied to ALL customers leaving BT.

This will be my first fibre transfer, but I have not been charged a cease fee by any other ISP supplying ADSL

0 Ratings