Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How to block a port on HH5

Hello all,

i have a HH5 and have the wireless configured to shut off the kids devices at certain times, however the problem is that when they are supposed to be using the net for homework, they get sidetracked on to playing games etc.

can some one tell me how to block the ports the games use? i have looked at port forwarding and firewall setting but that appears to only let traffic through not block...i think!

if some one could point me to a link a give a step by step solution that would be great.

thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to block a port on HH5

You cannot block ports on the HH5, but you could use BTs Parental Controls to block all the gaming sites during homework time.

http://home.bt.com/techgadgets/internet/stay-safe-with-bt-parental-controls-11363887238413

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Smiley Mad thats annoying.

the games are mainly on thier tablets so its more of a port block that i need rather than just a website block....

will take a look at the suggestions anyway to see if i can do anything with them.

thx

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@v3burn wrote:

Smiley Mad thats annoying.

the games are mainly on thier tablets so its more of a port block that i need rather than just a website block....

will take a look at the suggestions anyway to see if i can do anything with them.

thx

BT Parental Controls work at network level, and will block any devices that connect to your home hub. So a tablet connected to your BT Internet connection, will have all its DNS requests intercepted, and will block any gaming sites if you have selected that category.

This is time controlled, so you can specify that the sites are only blocked during homework time.

0 Ratings