cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

How to connect ASUS RT AC68U Router to BT Infinity

Just had BT infinity installed at my home in UK, but I have a ASUS RT-AC68U Dual Band Router whcih I used to use in Australia.

Can someone please explain exactly how I can re use this great bit of ASUS kit with BT Infinity KIT

I am not technical so will need very basic instruction if I am to get this right.

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to connect ASUS RT AC68U Router to BT Infinity

Hi

Do you have an openreach modem ? If so it should be just a case of pluging the wire from the modem into the asus wan port.

Then  entering your bt username  into the asus internet settings.

Found a picture on another thread ...... 1000 words ect :))

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Asus-rt-ac68u-FTTC-MTU-settings-purchased-f...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

The Asus is a router and does not have a VDSL modem built in so you would need to buy an Openreach modem for about £20 from an auction site. Once you have that remove the Homehub from the phone socket and connect the modem to your phone socket, just as the Homehub was connected and then connect the Asus to the modem via the WAN port.

You will need to set it up via the router management page. there will be a set up guide with the router or you can find it online

You will then need to set it up with a PPPoE connection. The username is btinternet@btbroadband.com A password is not needed but the router may require one so just enter BT or anything else you want.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

thanks , its been a long time since I posted. I will buy an open reach modem and see howI get on.

can I ask, Why the Help 4 Heroes logo?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

The Help for Heroes logo is to promote what I believe to be a worth while military charity who support injured service personnel.  Hopefully anybody who sees the collection tins may recall the logo and the help the got from here and make a donation.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Thanks gg30340, I have my open reach modem , i wlll let you know how I get on , I work for Help for Heroes and they are very worthwhile!

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Hi gg30340

I have it all set up now, was very simple after I managed to log into the ASUS router. For some reason it wouldnt reset, but I dredged up the password from my memory!

Now we have WIFI in all 4 corners of our home, where as before with just BT Infinity we didnt

Toby

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Glad to hear you eventually got it all set up and working. As a bonus if you have a Homehub 5 you can now use it for something useful such as a paperweight because it is rubbish as a router. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

I have the same router and a vdsl modem the router set up is asking what type of connection static ip or something else dynamic I think if I select dynamic it's asking for up address sub net mask etc
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I have the same router I'm using a vdsl modem when I go into set up it's asking what kind of connection static ip or dynamic any ideas please
0 Ratings