cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

How to create, modify signature ?

Go to solution

Cannot remember how to modify or create a Signature for use when sending emails in webmail.

Cannot locate anything the help files state.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45899/kw/how%20to%20create%20signature/c/346

Click on 'Signature' folder.

There is no 'Signature ' folder?

What view should I be using - the Mail list of folders or where I'm creating the new message, because I've been looking for ages and cannot find a darn thing :).

All help appreciated.

I think it's all still with BT Yahoo Mail as that's what I see in top left corner.  So I presume I've not been moved to BT Mail just yet, but hey none of my family have been moved over. There used to be a setting because I have a signature, but it is wholly out of date. I just go to BT.com and click on the 'Email' link and sign in, so wouldn't know.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to create, modify signature ?

Go to solution

Just noticed you are on BTYahoo Mail.

Select settings from the cogwheel in the top right corner and then select basic view. For some reason this change now doesn't take effect until you log out and log back in again. Log in again and select 'Options' in the drop down box at the top right of the screen, highlight 'Signature' in the left hand column of the screen and enter your text and select 'Show a signature on all outgoing messages'

Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
I think it's all still with BT Yahoo Mail as that's what I see in top left corner. So I presume I've not been moved to BT Mail just yet, but hey none of my family have been moved over. There used to be a setting because I have a signature, but it is wholly out of date. I just go to BT.com and click on the 'Email' link and sign in, so wouldn't know.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

See my edited post.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Many thanks. I followed advice - didi not need to login again, but it might be helpful if BT had that sort of info on the Help page :).
All the best.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks for getting me back to the old version as it is so much better. Easier to use and more intuitive. I'd forgotten how much easier it used to be in webmail. The view I was using was impossible to locate a few other things which were instantly obvious and easily altered within minutes, so I'm very grateful for the help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Must admit I never use webmail, a mail client is a far superior method of dealing with email, but have to agree the old interface is much better than the new one.

Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Liquorice and thank goodness for the community. I spent hours hunting for the info on the help pages and "chatting" to a help agent. BT don't seem to recognise that BT Yahoo is set up differently to BT mail. The actual prompts appear to have changed, from the cog wheel on right, select "settings", then select "account", this opens the box to add/reset a signature.

0 Ratings