cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

How to disable BT Net Protect Plus real time scanning ?

Every time I plug my ipod into my pc, the real time scanning starts up - how do I prevent it from doing this every time??

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to disable BT Net Protect Plus real time scanning ?

You can turn off real time scanning by going into the BTNetprotect / McAfee management page. If you turn it off this will be turned off real time scanning for everything not just when you plug in your ipod. The safest thing is to leave it switched on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

It is just a pain that it seems to take so long to scan - is it scanning all music files or what?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

There is a tick box in the real time scanning section of Net Protect Plus under Check Removable Drives - what if I switch from ALWAYS SCAN IT AUTOMATICALLY to WHEN I PLUG IN A DRIVE, ASK ME TO SCAN IT.

Will this affect anything else?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

You can turn it off for a short period of time but I don't think you can select what it is not to scan such as an ipod.

Personally I think BTNetprotect is not a very good antivirus and  I always recommend that people remove it from their computer and install something like Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG 2013 Free or Avast Free.

They are not as intrusive as BTNetprotect and do not use as much computer resources. They will give you as good if not better protection as BTNetprotect.

AVG 2013 Free allows you to turn off the scanning of USB devices when they are plugged in so that may be a better option for you.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@marcuspos wrote:

There is a tick box in the real time scanning section of Net Protect Plus under Check Removable Drives - what if I switch from ALWAYS SCAN IT AUTOMATICALLY to WHEN I PLUG IN A DRIVE, ASK ME TO SCAN IT.

Will this affect anything else?

No, it will only stop the scanning of your ipod but it will ask you if you want to scan it everytime you plug it in.

0 Ratings