cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: How to disable BT WiFi hotspot notifications

Thanks for that info on the android settings, tried it but didn't work unfortuantely, it still happily 'boings' everytime I pass houses with BT 😞

In reply to why people don't just turn WiFi off - the reason I don't want to do that is because when I go out, my phone will use data, when I return I want to immediately connect to my home WiFi to save data usage, having to remember to turn it off and then back on each time I go out would be quite annoying and I don't see why I should have to, I would prefer the app to work as it should do with my latest upgrade!

Thanks for everyone's help though, it's good knowing that it isn't only my phone - I thought I was going mad when everything was set to "no notifications" yet they still came through 🙂

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 22 of 25

I see this thread has been quiet for 10 months - has the problem gone away? My Moto 4g constantly pings to tell me to sign into a BT wi-fi network, even though I'm permanently logged in, and the ping option is turned off in Android settings. Like others, I don't want to disable BT wi-fi, and I do want to know when new messages arrive ... but the constant false alarms are driving me and my companions mad.

Is there a solution to this beyond those already eliminated above?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 25

It's driving me mad too.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 25

A simple idea that doesn't work for me. When I try to get the weather report from Accuweather on my mobile I get BTOpenzone instead.  This has only happened recently.  Accuweather also uses WiFi.  So I have to use my laptop.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

It has only affected my mobile, which is a Sony recently. I presume that BT has provided a local hotspot. 

0 Ratings