Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

How to force lift and shift?

Go to solution

Hi Guys, please hear me out as I think my problem is unique and I have searched the internet, lots of calls etc and now find myself here.

I used to get 64-68 meg on BT infinity2 with no problems, then suddenly my speed drops to 34 meg. I decided to move to another provider for 2 reasons, cheaper and to get faster speeds. When I mentioned this to the BT guys they said I should have reported the fault and seen what they could do. I explained it would probably be ok when I swap provider.

It wasn’t and that is why I am here. I contacted my new provider as I was given estimates of 49-76 meg. I get 34 meg the same as BT infinity 2 at the ned of my contract not the start. They arranged for an openrerach engineer to come out and have a look. He found no problem, 80 at the cabinet , 34 at my home  probably less than 80 meters from the cabinet. He was really good and tried everything but said it was strange no fault. He said maybe a lift and shift would sort it but BT won’t let it happen just like that. So my question is how can I get BT/openreach to do this lift and shift to see if this fixes the problem. There is no way of contacting openreach to ask?

I apologise if this is in the wrong place or wrong forum but where do I go from here as it’s driving me mad trying to find information with everyone blaming each other.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to force lift and shift?

Go to solution

You need to go back to your ISP and complain that your speed is below estimate and you need engineer. Unfortunately you cannot force a lift and shift as that is up to openreach

there is no contact from this forum to openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

BT Retail do not organise lift and shifts, that is down to Openreach who your ISP will have to deal with.

This is a BT Retail forum so I suggest that you post on your own ISPs user forum to see what the people on there say.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hey guys appreciate the replies. My ISP doesn't have any forums as new to supplying broadband, my mistake. I will try more calls to try to get them to talk to open reach. If not I will get a deadlock letter and go back to BT and see if they can sort it.
Quite interesting with all the news about trying to split BT and open reach up as maybe it would help me contacting them direct lol.

I think its just down to congestion and its almost like I am sharing my 68 meg with another 
Appreciate the info and it was last resort really.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

BT won't talk to you because you aren't a customer of theirs.  Openreach won't talk to you because you aren't a customer of theirs either (you ISP is Openreach's customer, not you).  Your only contract is with your ISP.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
BT don't own the RDSLAMS, they're Openreaches. Also it's not up to the Openreach Engineer to do a Lift and Shift, that's up to the Openreach back office Engineering Helpdesk...