cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tone1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

How to get Fibre to the house

If anyone could suggest how I can get fibre to the house and how much it might cost please?

The Bt infinity 3 package is advertised and in a recent email to me it was mentioned via an advert also.

If I have (according to BT) the maximum that they can offer, does that mean to my house or to the cabinet, if it is to the cabinet, an upgrade would not be worth it....slightly confused....

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to get Fibre to the house

0 Ratings
tone1
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply gg30340......but it's just telling me that my line can only handle 59m (which is a bit lower than my BT infinity 2 package ..roughly 65m) Perhaps my thinking is wrong, if I had fibre from cabinet to house I would "qualify"

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Hi tone1,

If you are referring to the BT infinity upto 300mbps (though this can be increased in the future), then this is a FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) service.

You will only be able to get BT Infinity upto 300mbps if your in a FTTP area and not available to FTTC areas.

At the moment FTTPoD (FTTP on demand where FTTC areas can request to get FTTP) is not supported by any ISPs at the moment, though may cost you thousands if you go down this route once ISPs take up this FTTPoD service.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 5

If you've been told you can get FTTH then give the sales toem a ring 0800 587 4787. They only deal with FTTP/H.

0 Ratings