cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

How to get a BT Engineer to come and try to fix my Broadband problems ...

Hello,

How the hell do I get a BT Engineer to come to my house and fix the problems with my Broadband?

Everytime I phone BT I get through to a Call Center in India that provides no help whatsoever. I've gone through all the motions to try and fix it myself but nothing works. I went through all the steps I was directed to e.g. connect tthe Hub to the main socket, let it establish a connection etc. they then did an investigation and called back 3 days later to tell me that a speed of 0.5mb is perfectly acceptable and nothing was wrong with the line! A few days ago it was working perfectly at a reasonable speed with all my devices connected and working with no problems.

I have also tried phoning 17070 Option 2 to check the line and there was nothing wrong with it.

Now, the Hub drops in and out several times a day, the speed is horrificly slow (seriously, it can take over 10 minutes to load even the simplest page), other devices (iPhones etc.) can no longer connect via Wifi and now even the 3G/4G I used to get(which I know BT are not responsible for) has disappeared completley, so while in my house I have no way to use the Internet properly.

So ... does any one have any thoughts? Please be aware suggesting something I have already tried may be met with mild hostility.

Regards,

Jay

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to get a BT Engineer to come and try to fix my Broadband problems ...

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

is your broadband service ok when using a wired connection also there is no such thing as a BT engineer 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

enter your phone number and post results remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

this will gve an idea of speeds to expect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings