cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

How to identify what ports belong to what applictions in home hub 2.0?

Hi people,

I know I shouldn't be posting this here but under the relevant topic(s) I cannot find the "New Topic" button anywhere, only in these rooms displayed on the first page of Forums!!!

Can anyone tell me how to identify what ports are associated with what application via my home hub 2.0?

I have been running an application on port 30001 with no problems up until now, but it is now saying that it is conflicting with another game or application which is associated with this port. I want to find out what application it is associated with and delete it in order to recreate the connection though port 30001.

I have recently changed the name of my machine and deleted the old name from the connected devices, which I thought may have caused the problem, but I am running this application through VMWare and this name has not changed!

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can locate all open ports to all applaiction... Also, I have a number of applciations in my home hub devices/applications list which are very old, so I would like a way to delete these and close all associated ports as welll.

If a mod feels the need to move this to a more suitable area, please kindly notify me with a relevant link.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Rob

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to identify what ports belong to what applictions in home hub 2.0?

Conflicts usually occur if you have uPnP enabled, and then try to forward ports manually. Disable uPnP, and try again.

See Port forwarding problems

You should be able to delete old entries. Not sure where this is on the HH2, as I have a HH1, and can simply click delete next to the entry.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith,

thanks for your reply.. unfortunately that ddn't work for me. I could change the specified port in my application, but to locate and change all references is a time consuming task in itself.

I have looked high and low, far and wide for a method of removing old game/applications from the hub 2.0 list, but can't find anything. It keeps leading me to port forwarding / opening... which leads me to wonder if it is even possible to remove them.

Seems like a bit of a security hole if you cant remove old non-existant apps and close the corresponding ports.. there must be a way, just wish bt could make things a bit more intuative and user friendly!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

A factory reset would clear the references, but you would lose all your saved settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me, I have browsed your site and have tried a few methods, even factory reset my router.... but to no avail. It does say "Pre-defined games & applications" which made me think that these come already installed in the hub, but when I search through them there are applications in there that I know BT would not / could not provide pre-installed.

I have read that the home hub 2 (Type B) has got a bug which doesn't allow certain operation, and guess what, mine is a Type B: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.3.37 (Type B)

It does allow me to port forward however, this I am sure of, just not all the time because of port conflicts.

What I really need/want to harness is the ability to find out what ports are associated with what game/application and when alter as necessary.

I had poprt 30001 assigned to my application which was working this morning on my main device, my PC (via vmware). I then tried to recreate the situation using my laptop, which failed miserably... I also have Win7 virtual machines set up on both PC and laptop, and which are visible in the devices list in my home hub manager.. but again, not working!

When I recieve the message:

Conflict
The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device.

How do I remove the other application? or firstly; how do I find/location/identify the other application?   Smiley Frustrated

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

When I recreate the application and use Protocol UDP it allows me to assign it to any of my devices PC/Laptop/VM's, but using the canyouseeme.org tool, port 30001 is still not visible.. even with the application currently running?

Does this make any sense to you? 🙂

UPDATE: viewing the Home Network tab I can see both my physical devices and my virtual machines, but on the physical devices PC/Laptop are showing connected... vm's Not Connected?

0 Ratings