cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 11

How to obtain my IP Profile? As I keep losing 15Mbps or more.

Hi all

Can I get stats/IP profile from a HH4 type A? Or is there another way to obtain my IP settings?

I am on Infinity 2 and regularly have speed drops from approx 47Mbps to 30Mbps (or less).

As the speed remains constant whilst at the lower value, I think my IP is reduced . See speed test results. (Whilst wired and wireless).

This usually recovers overnight or by pressing disconect on HH4 and reconnecting a while later.

For a couple of years I had a HH3 and used the "Further Diagnostics" in the BT Wholesale speedtester to obtain my IP.

Example of my last successful test in January = "IP Profile for your line is - 47.43 Mbps".

But since January 2014 the BTW speedtest "Further Diagnostics" will not supply this anymore, showing this error.-

"Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service". 

I am now using a HH4 so would like to know if I can get any stats from it, or can anyone advise how else I can monitor my IP Profile settings?

Thanks for any advice.

March 2014 Speedtest.jpg

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: How to obtain my IP Profile? As I keep losing 15Mbps or more.

No you can get stats from it, the stats are obtained by the modem. The HH5 has an inbuilt modem so it can obtain them but the HH4 uses a separate modem. The separate modem is usually locked so you can't get the stats. Mine is unlocked, so I can get my stats.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for your quick reply confirming HH4 cannot supply any stats.

How can I obtain my IP?

If there is no way other than through the BT Wholesale speedtesters "Further Diagnostics".....

How can I get the "Results Error" fixed.

Thanks for any help.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

I am still losing a big chunk of speed (wired and wireless) as can be seen with the updated pic below. (No specific time pattern as far as I can tell).

I recover by logging in to my HH4 and disconnecting broadband then after say 30mins I press the broadband re-connect.

I would like to see what has happened to my IP setting but unable to get this from the BTW speedtester as I permanently obtain the error message saying the test is unable to confirm what I should be receiving, see msg detailed in my first post.

Would a Mod be able to get this BTW speedtest error rectified for my line/number?

It's been reporting the error since mid January.

I would then be able to see if my IP is changing and if not then my HH4 recently recieved from BT may be defective.

Thanks for help.

Speed results 2 April 2014.jpg

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

Back down to 30Mbps again with the BT wholesale speedtester still reporting an error.

This is not correct as charged for Infinity 2 (be it a poor version at 46Mbps)... and only receiving Infinity 1 speeds.

I would appreciate some help from BT mods to get the speedtest error fixed to give my current IP setting.

And confirmation that an investigation into why a number of Infinity 2 customers posting on this forum are getting these speed reductions....

(Perhaps this error test on my line may be connected to the regular speed drops ie the exchange equipment doesn't know what settings it's on and keeps hunting).

Download Speed : 30.29 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed : 14.41 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Speed results 3 April 2014.jpg

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

Hi PC,

I'm not sure that we'll be able to get the error on the wholesale speed tester but we can check on your profile here. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

Hi Neil

Thanks for replying Smiley Happy and will "contact" you.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I have the exact same problem, the "Futher Diagnostics" errors so I am unable to get my IP Profile. Please let me know if you ever manage to get your profile.

Each time I ask BT Chat they give me a generic answer of what my line is capable of, which appears to come straight out of the BT ADSL Availability Checker!!

Thanks

Aaron

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

Attn David Moon ref.- Incident: 

Hi David

I received the replacement HomeHub 4 yesterday afternoon. It all seems to be working, I am getting 45 Mbps download speed on the BTW speed tester.
BTW speedtester is still giving me the "further diagnostic" error message though.
If you could keep the request in for BTW to eventually fix that I would be grateful.
If you wish to close the fault/incident please do as I am sure this replacement HH4 will fix the 15Mps speed drops.
(Many people such as Sean, yourself and the Openreach engineer who visited recently, have stated the DLM would not recover the speed so quickly and the random timing but uniform 15 Mbps drops are not from channel clashes or interference).

Thank you very much for your help.

PC

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Hi Would a forum mod please pass on the message in my previous post to David Moon.
I have tried to reply to his emails but he is not receiving them.
I have just received another update request from David and replied only to receive an automated message back from BT saying "Sorry but we don’t monitor this mailbox, so you won’t get a reply to your email. "
Thank you,

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings