cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

How to read next email?

Where do I click to read my next email without going back to inbox every time?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: How to read next email?

Settings > Mail > General mail settings > Action after email has been deleted or moved > Show the next message.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

I don't want the action after deleting or moving an email. I just want to read my emails one after another without going back to inbox every time like I have to do now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

It's probably something to do with the default view in the general mail settings. Can't be more specific as I use an email client so don't get all these problems with webmail.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Hi anne,

When you are reading your mails you obviously have the inbox list on your left, you then click on an email, the email turns blue and there will be a green tick in the little box confirming you have ticked it.

You now have the email to read in the box on the right hand side.

If you want to go, say down the list to the next email, just click on the down arrow on your keyboard and you will move down to the next email which will then appear in the box on the right to read.

If you want to read the next one up the list just click the up arrow button on your keyboard.

If you click on your full email, the up/down arrows will only then work on the email you are reading, if you then wany to use the up/down keys to scroll through your mails list again, simply click and select any mail in the list.

I find it easier to click on an email on the list and use the up/down keys to scroll through the list then use the email up/down scroll bar to scroll through the email.

Hope this helps.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

I am asking exactly the same question as Anne. I detest the "preview" view options as you can't actually see the content of the email properly. I have therefore chosen the  "no preview" option. There seems to be no way to move from one email to the next without returning to inbox each time. As it takes the best part of a minute for the system to put the inbox back up each time it's almost impossible to use.

There is mention of "paging through emails" in this post from moderator.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-Update/td-p/1293827

If this is what is referred to here, then it looks as though there really isn't a way of doing this at the moment.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Thankyou
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

@petalouthi wrote:

I have therefore chosen the  "no preview" option. There seems to be no way to move from one email to the next without returning to inbox each time. As it takes the best part of a minute for the system to put the inbox back up each time it's almost impossible to use.

Have you tried clicking the little blue box at the top left corner of the message instead? (For me, clicking Inbox takes about half a second rather than a minute, but clicking the blue box is instant.)

--
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

You still have to go back to inbox every single time though

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 13

I've done a bit more research as I don't use webmail routinely. The preview pane ("Change view", top right) overcomes it to a degree, and if you choose to have it below it becomes very much like an email client in this respect. The difference is that email clients generally have much more layout room because they're not embuggered by adverts and non-email stuff.

I and others have said so ad nauseam, but it's true that email clients are a more efficienet, more convenient, more secure way to manage email than webmail is. That's not to excuse BT Mail's shortcomings but, unless you have a particular to persist with webmail, you can become blissfully unaware of them by using Thunderbird or similar.

--
0 Ratings