cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMillie
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

How to remove BT basic/light user tag on my line so plusnet can take it over

Please can someone help. In 2005 my parents changed to bt light user as they did not use the phone a lot. When bt light user scheme ended they were transferred to bt basic.

Anyway my father has recently died and my mother rang bt to change the account over to her name. She was advised that bt would contact her again in a couple of months about changing her line rental as she no longer qualifies for bt basic. My mother decided that if this was the case she would use the opportunity to transfer her line to plusnet and sign up for broadband.

She has today received notification form plusnet that they are unable to take over her phone line due to their being a social telephony tag on the line (presumebaly from bt light user days). How do we get this tag removed so that plusnet can take over the line. Plusnet say they are unable to do it and it needs to be done by my mother. I have seen various threads from a while ago saying how difficult this can be and the last thing my mother needs at this time is more stress.

Has anyone out there had this issue and how did you get it resolved?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to remove BT basic/light user tag on my line so plusnet can take it over

Hi KMillie,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems your Mum is having.  To be honest, it's a strange issue and not something I've came across before.

Send me the details and I'll take a look at this from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
KMillie
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: How to remove BT basic/light user tag on my line so plusnet can take it over

Thanks

Have completed the contact form. Hopefully the problem can be rectified easily.

KMillie

0 Ratings
rashm2k
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I'm about to switch to plusnet too and am also on BT basic since the days of light user (many many years ago) - can you let me know how this was solved? And how I can also get the same thing done to my line?

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Have plusnet come back to you with a problem?  If not maybe you do not have the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rashm2k
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

They haven't yet but I'm anticipating that I will have problems switching. As like the OP I too have been on the BT basic/light user plan for quite some time (>10 years)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

then why don't you find out from plusnet if there is a problem before you try and get assistance with a problem that may not exist?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings