Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khuprius
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

How to reset the Smart Talk app so that I can re-register my phone

Go to solution

I have two users on my account and owing to a repair need to reset the app on my clean phone. The management page has two 'Smarttalk users' one has a tick box for remove, one has a tick box for block. I can tick these all day long and press save, but nothing appears to happen. Does anyone have any advice as to how to reset so that I can reregister my phone?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT SMART TALK APP-Do NOT Uninstall/Reinstall APP Without Carrying Out The Following Procedures

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

If you have followed my advice on this page

BT SmartTalk issues

And are still having problems, then a moderator can be asked to assist.

0 Ratings
4400jim
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Re: BT SMART TALK APP-Do NOT Uninstall/Reinstall APP Without Carrying Out The Following Procedures

Go to solution

I would suggest contacting the moderator, had the same problem a couple of months back, after filling in the online form I had a call from BTSmarttalk and they had me up and running the next day. Excellent service

0 Ratings
Khuprius
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for that, it looks like that might be what I have to do.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Khuprius Sorry you are unable to reset the Smart Talk app. I have moved your post to create your own thread. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Khuprius I called earlier and left a brief message. Just to let you know that I have managed to delete one of the profiles but could not delete the other one. I have therefore had to raise a fault to the bt.com team to manually remove the remaining profile. I will be back in touch once this has been completed to let you know.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Khuprius
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Re: How to reset the Smart Talk app so that I can re-register my phone

Go to solution
Thanks John.

Cheers

Chris
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Khuprius The fault should now be fixed and you should be able to set up the SmartTalk service again. 

Please can you check and post back to let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Khuprius
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks John,

That seems to have fixed it. Cheers for sorting.

Chris

0 Ratings
mohammed777
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

I have the same problem I cannot reset my bt smart talk app  I have only regesetered I hand set but it will not allow me to add anymore message I get is  that I have used all my user accounts

0 Ratings