cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smb1
Beginner
Message 11 of 21

Re: How to use this forum - very difficult to discover.

Go to solution

I'm not sure about the detail but in principle I agree. I joined the forum because of  my frustration about the new upgrade to You View and it took me half an hour to discover any place where I could actually post a question. Just a box on the front page would do the trick.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

@Smb1 wrote:

Just a box on the front page would do the trick.

I assume you mean the welcome page, essentially a list which includes BT TV; clicking there brings up two options, one of which is YouView Boxes. That's a good place to post a question about a YouView upgrade and I've moved your first post there.

Quite honestly, I can't envisage another box which would make it clearer.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Fivephooeys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Like trying to fathom anything to do with BT you go round in circles and get nowhere.  Even the people that work for bt give the impression they have no clue about anything to do with bt.

0 Ratings
MagM
Beginner
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Couldn't agreemore. Having just joined did not receive welcome message with tips and have been searchingfor half an hour to find a board where I can ask what can I do when my emails are not green padlocked and Firefox says they  can be accessed? BT Live Chat no help nor BT. Tells me to change sign in password but when I do says it's not recognised! Spent an hour on this yesterday. Please can someone help in simple terms before I go crazy!

0 Ratings
MagM
Beginner
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

I have just posted a message about difficulty of using Forum and although have joined and signed in etc my post has come up asa visitor!!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution
you are ranked as a visitor as you are a new poster the more posts you make your ranking will change
0 Ratings
MagM
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks. Not sure what the point of registering and joining the Forum is though if one is ranked as a visitor until enough posts are made. Again saw nothing about that when I joined

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Its not about ranking, is about getting and giving help, which is the only purpose of this forum.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/BTCare-Community-Forums-User-Guidelines/t...

0 Ratings
MagM
Beginner
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks.That makes more sense

0 Ratings