Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Soundinsync
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Hub-3 Enquiries

Hello,

I've got the hub-3 unit and I have found that every six months I will have to switch the mains off/on just to re-set it.  Is this the normal function of my interface equipment.  It just that various computer equipments do not "lock-on" to the WI-Fi, so a "quick 10-second click" of the mains supply seems to help.

Further, is there a time of the day when BT are on-line "talking" to my Hub etc checking engineering "things".

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hub-3 Enquiries

You are lucky, many people have to switch off or restart every day. If it lasts six months without a reset, you are very lucky.

A normal reset can often fix wireless issues, but a manual channel change is likely to be more effective.

Soundinsync
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hub-3 Enquiries

Well I blame the "switch mode power supply"!  OK they are nice, neat and small but all equipment uses them these days and you can not beat the old style of a big transformer to isolate everything and a big capacitor to smooth it all out.  All the glitches on the grid are stopped from getting to your equipment, goodness knows what stuff is coming though the transmission lines.

0 Ratings