cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinkpod
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Hub 3 type A kicks wifi clients every 5 mins

Just got my HH2 type b replaced with the hub 3 type A and every 5 minutes or so it decides to kick its clients requiring them to re-associate with the network. I really do not wish to go through the call centres again, and on other forum posts I can see other users having the same problem with type A hubs. Having family members which work on a VPN, having to re-authenticate every 5 minutes isn't brilliant. Any way to fix this bug or replace the hub under warranty for a type B?
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: Hub 3 type A kicks wifi clients every 5 mins

Hi Pinkpod and welcome

It could be the hub 3's smart wifi:|

Manually select channel 1 or 6 or 11, which turns off smart wifi and see how it goes

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Just go back to using your old HH2, if it still works, or use a different router which is of better quality.

0 Ratings
Pinkpod
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

We changed to the hh3 because the hh2 was having problems, so that isn't really an option unfortunately. As for smart wifi, I normally just set the channel at 11 but the problem was more frequent when smart wifi was disabled, so that's back on now. Thanks for the suggestions though
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

you can try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pinkpod
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Already done, I set it up to channel 11, but was getting more frequent disconnects although the channel was the least congested

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

it's always possible that there are other routers broadcasting on channel 11 just hiding there ssid

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pinkpod
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Possible, not likely as I live in a very spacious area. I also used Kismac to see if I could find hidden SSID's. None to be found

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ukbirdflu
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

My HH3 was kicking me out every 10 minutes or so and it reconnects after may be 10 seconds, I used Xirrus to look at what WIFI around me so I am sure that I get no interference, I tried most channels and they are the same, eventualyy I turned off the "N" as in 811 b/g/n/ and it seems to cure the problem. May be someone can tell me why.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

is your existing wifi 'n' rated of is it only b/g

0 Ratings