cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Hub 5 stopped issuing IP addressess

I lost connection on my laptop and discovered it did not have an IP address. So I ended up setting a static one. I then found my Sky had stopped as it did not have a connection. I checked and it also did not have an IP address. I contacted Sky to see if it was an issue with my Sky box and after conducting several tests they confirmed the Sky box was working correctly. I contacted BT on the chat line and the person Vaibhav started to ask me to carry out a number of tasks to check the hub. Once these had all been completed I still could not connect the Sky box as it did not have an IP address. Vaibhav was telling me the Hub 5 was working correctly and the problem was with Sky. After telling him it is a problem with the Hub 5 he would not accept this so I requested he lodged a complaint for me. He refused to do this and just cut off the conversation on the chat line. So after an hour with the chat line, I was still no further. I contacted the customer help line who gave me another number to call. The gentleman who picked up my call checked my line after listening to the issue I was having and he confirmed it did look like there was an issue with the Hub 5. He ordered a new one to be sent to me. Two days later it arrived I plugged it in and everything works as it should. The moral of this story is the chat line person Vaibhav possibly in India was extremely rudy and would not recognise there was a problem with the Hub 5. The gentleman who finally sorted the issue out after just 15 minutes was brilliant and new what he was doing.  Why does BT use offshore call centres? my experience with them has not been very good and wasted a lot of my time.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hub 5 stopped issuing IP addressess

Did you try a factory reset of the old home hub 5, as it normally fixes the IP allocation issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hub 5 stopped issuing IP addressess

@billnewnes wrote:

Why does BT use offshore call centres? my experience with them has not been very good and wasted a lot of my time.

Because they are cheap and your time costs them nothing. Hopefully they are learning the error of their ways as they are  bringing the call centres back to the UK. They are realising that cheap isn't good value.

0 Ratings