cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary1969
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Hub 6 bottlenecks

Hello all So..... here's the story of my hub 6. Upgraded to FTTP in February and all seemed well speed wise (around 50Mb) but the much raved about hub 6 seriously disappoints. 500M range - forget that straight away. If you get 50M count yourself most fortunate. The biggest problem however is data bottle necks. All can be well for a while, slick browsing or HD streaming then POW! Nothing, just buffer, buffer, buffer. Turn off your device's wifi then reconnect and all is good for a while then it's back to square one. Went back to my old TP link router which is slower wirelessly but much more consistent and doesn't bottleneck. Anyone out there with similar issues or is it just Apple devices that just don't like BT hubs? (I don't particularly trust Apple and their iOS operating system as I have constantly had issues since iOS 8 regarding wifi connectivity which was with an iPhone 5, now using a 7 with iOS 10.3.2). If anyone else can shed some light or offer suggestions I'm all ears. 
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
DavidM
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hub 6 bottlenecks

Hi @Gary1969 and welcome.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Have you separating the SSIDs for the issues with your apple devices? Can you try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Gary1969
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hub 6 bottlenecks

Hi David

One of the first steps I took was separate the two bands. This has had partial success but things are still far from perfect. There are a few unanswered questions. Is BT infrastructure up to delivering 50Mb reliably, is our hub 6 working at its best and finally have Apple got their wifi side of iOS working as it should? Guessing by the sheer number of individuals expressing similar woes I do not believe there will be any one quick fix.

Regards

Gary
0 Ratings