cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trebor11
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Hub 6 no internet connection

Hi as anybody else had this problem hub 6 shows it connected to the internet from all the test bt has done but I'm not able to get on internet or email with it put hub 4 on and everything ok with internet and email got an engineer do other test on Monday but won't send a replacement because it shows it working .

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Quista
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hub 6 no internet connection

Hi Trebor,

I have had the same problem as you, I joined BT end of September was sent smart hub and all worked fine for a couple of weeks then started losing ability to connect to the internet, factory resets worked a couple of times then stopped working alltogether. The router was connected (steady blue light), but could not connect to the internet, run through all the hoops from support, still no joy. They sent me out a replacement smart hub this week, connected this and worked fine until this morning, and it seems I am having the same problem again. The only thing I have noticed is that the firmware date is showing as 01 Jan 0001 (Frimware version sg4b10002236), now this was showing as Oct 2016 when i first plugged this new hub in. I'm not sure about the first one because i didn't check to start with, but i do know when it stopped working the firmware date on this one was again 01 Jan 0001, coinsidence probably not! Could you check on yours to see if the date is the same as mine (01 Jan 0001) if so I think this is the problem, however I have no idea how to fix it as you cannot download and flash the firmware youself. So something is happening overnight (as this when it always stops working), to the hub. 

0 Ratings
Quista
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Just a thought, if any moderators are checking this, is it possible that because my smart hub already had the new firmware installed, and I know BT push out the firmware to update overnight, it is trying to update the firmware again and this is somehow corrupting the firmware already installed on the hub?
0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 4 of 7

I have gone back to Home Hub 3 as i think the Smart Hub 6 is a total  waste of time !  until its sorted out BT shouldstop sending them out to customers !  they are bug infested and the firmware they put out is just a short term fix !  How they get the reviews of it being the best router ever !  is beyond me 😞  In all my years on the internet i find it the worse bit of hardware i have ever come across !   I think your best buying your own router and doing it yourself because BT  call centre are living on the moon !   

JamJar62
Quista
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hi Jamjar,
Think you are probably right, not that we should have to though really, I did try using an older BT Business hub 3 we had left over from work when I had no internet for a week (nightmare that was),but this would not connect at all, did change the username to anything@btbroadband.com, anything you could recommend, as it seems I am going to be in this position again tonight.
0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Hi there yes i think its just not worth going through BT as there tech help is pretty basic 😞  i would go for either an Asus DSL-AC68U which is an all in one router /modem or the TP link td w9980 both work with BT Inifinirty and have been mentioned on here alot 🙂  but there are others too so i,m sure someone will add to this post soon 🙂 

JamJar62
0 Ratings
Quista
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for that, if i have any joy with my issue I will post it on here,
I think they will probable send me another hub out but in the meantime I will see if I can get one of the above to see me through until the issues are fixed, thanks again.
0 Ratings