Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elliottj85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Hi, I'm on Firmware SG4B100021F4 a band steering is disabled and BT wifi is on.

im having to restart the router every hour or so to get connection. I've done a factory reset which allowed it to work for about 48 hours but then back to the intermittent service.

any ideas?

0 Ratings
Elliottj85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 196

Go to solution

I should also say that the SSIDs of both the 2 and 5 GHz networks are visible, however when I try to connect they only do so briefly. 

As I type now, my MacBook is connected to the 2GHz network and working - WiFi mode 2 

My ipad is connected to 2 GHz - wont connect to 5

My iphone 6 shows both but wont connect to either, as is the same with the Apple TV

My PC connects then drops connection with both

My work computer won't connect to either as it uses a VPN

all previously worked seamlessly with a split band on the HH5.

thanks,

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 196

Go to solution

I wonder if its disconnecting because it sees the open BT Wifi SSID, so it tries to connect to that instead? If you have BT Wifi as a saved connection on your devices, then delete it.

0 Ratings
Elliottj85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 196

Go to solution

That isn't an option for iphone and ipads I'm afraid. I get the blue tick next to the SSID name but then the wifi logo at the top of the screen never appear and no connection. Not a device issue as they connect well to my 4G dongle and connected well to the HH5.

0 Ratings
Elliottj85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 196

Go to solution

Can you tell me what the best way to get this issue officially recognised and get BT to replace what I'm certain is a faulty SmartHub?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 16 of 196

Go to solution

I have exact same situation with the Smarthub. Some devices work one day others don't. Tried everything splitting the SSID - different channels, different modes. After 3 weeks of misery have given up and will revert to HH5.

Got absolutely no useful input from BTCare.

Found out that Gramofon music streaming devices are not compatible. I have two of these. Only one will work at a time. Anyone who has music streamers should check very carefully to see if they are compatible.

My wife and I have identical Samsung smartphones. Hers works. The only way I can get mine to work is to connect to 5ghz signal AND make sure mobile data turned off. There is nothing wrong with my phone as it works seemlessly elsewhere.

My tablet works but very slow to load pages on a 'very strong' signal - works like back in the day dial up modem - make a cup of tea while the page loads.

Only device that was unaffected was my LG tv which worked fine.

Going to revert to HH5 and try to get a credit for the useless Smarthub.

Ian

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 196

Go to solution

Another victim just posted the same problem to BT Smart Hub - I cannot connect devices since BT Fon was activated!!!

Regards

0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 18 of 196

Go to solution

Only immediate advice I can give is:

1. Don't pay any money for a Smarthub (I did).

2. If you have HH5 don't send it back too soon (I did).

3. And generally don't be an early adopter of new technology - wait until it has some track record in the field.

Ian

0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 19 of 196

Go to solution

I have been opted out of BT WiFi ever since I moved over to Infinity from Demon Internet 3 years ago. I have no interest in either using BT Wifi, nor offering my router as a free hotspot to other BT users.

So I was rather annoyed when it became active at about the same time everyone else noticed it.

I have attempted to opt out. It hasn't. I recall previously when I opted in for a couple of days for visitors to use on my Hub 4, and then opted out again, it disabled within a few hours. Except this time when I logged in, it reports that I'm already opted out.

BT do not have my explicit permnission to enable this service. I opted out and haven't changed that stance. 

Fortunately, it doesnt appear to have impacted any of my connected devices (yet) but who knows after a router reboot what may happen. I no longer have my Hub4 as that was sent back.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 196

Go to solution
its part of your contract with BT although you have the option to opt out if you request it
0 Ratings