Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 31 of 196

Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Had HH6 for 2 days and worked perfectly yesterday, now it only allows my laptop on but won't connect my Samsung S7 and my wife's iPhone 6 keeps dropping connection. Lady I spoke to at BT asked me to do rhe router equivalent of ctrl-alt-del and do a factory reset. This I did and all worked okay for 5 minutes now back to laptop working only and no other devices able to connect. Anyone else getting this. Regretting upgrading already!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

I'm suffering all of the problems noted here. Wifi connections dropping regularly ie. every 5-10 minutes. Router keeps asking for password despite it being a "known network". It's ridiculous. Unusable indeed.

My firmware is SG4B100021F4

I will try to switch FON off to see if that helps, but thankfully I kept my HH5 so have that as a potential fall back. But having paid £50 for the HH6 that would not really be acceptable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 33 of 196

Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks for the reply..

buy myself a new router ( would this also stop the FON?) Would stop it being transmitted but you would still be able to use hotspots whilst out and about. A much better option all round.

I didnt realise that if I changed the router the FON hotspot access would still work while out and about, thought they were linked to allowing access from my own router.  (sort of, if i provide access, i can access everybody else's)

This is great news,  

It was this that has been putting me off buying a router and trying the stick to the BT supplied hubs...

now trawling the net for a new router?

I know its a bit off topic but any recomendations?   I dont have the seperate modem so a VDSL2 router or a cable router and ebay modem is needed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Kevin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 196

Go to solution
@Kevin_P. 2 good routers have already been recommended to you, in fact i myself am looking at the vr900 however im willing to give the hub6a a bit longer as its no longer giveing me problems but if you really want a 2 box setup then you may still be able to get a modem off a certain well known online auction website. Bottom line is how much do you want to spend? Theres kit out there for all budgets.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 196

Go to solution

@Kevin_P wrote:

I didnt realise that if I changed the router the FON hotspot access would still work while out and about, thought they were linked to allowing access from my own router.  (sort of, if i provide access, i can access everybody else's)

That's the genearl idea but as long as you remain opted in to BT wifi, the system isn't aware you are not transmitting the signal.

This is great news,  

It was this that has been putting me off buying a router and trying the stick to the BT supplied hubs...

now trawling the net for a new router?

I know its a bit off topic but any recomendations?   I dont have the seperate modem so a VDSL2 router or a cable router and ebay modem is needed.

You really need to decide what your priorities are when deciding. I use a cheap and cheerful TP Link TD-W9980 which works fine for me. If you need a few more whistles adn bells and faster wifi you might need to look at some of the later Netgears, TP-Links and Billions. I would personally steer clear of Asus but there are many that would recommend them. The separate modem option opens up many choices of router. The Huawei HG612 is trivial to hack to obtain line stats if that is important to you.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Kevin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 196

Go to solution
I'm having a similar on my hh6, my laptop and sky box are directly the router yet both show weak wifi signal..
Wired connection shows my speeds at 56mb/9mb, yet wifi is in the Kbps..

Anyone found or can recommend a solution?.
I've tried the normal stuff like channel change etc

I've only had the hub 2 weeks yet customer service has said I need too allow the connection to settle 😂😂😂 been on infinity for over 2 years
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 196

Go to solution

Immediate advice is not to return or dispose of what you used previously. I had to abandon after 3 weeks of misery. Tried every available option. Reverted back to HH5 on Saturday. Everything working as it should.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 38 of 196

Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

I'm now on my 2nd Smart Hub due to Wifi issues. First one arrived 23rd June with the May firmware and worked perfectly - no issue at all. They updated to the June 22nd firmware on the 16th August. Apart from the fact it broke all inbound connections (and a lot of outbound), which were all fixed with 2 reboots, my wifi issues started.

Devices would drop and then wouldn't reconnect. Devices would ask for the password constantly, or tell me the password was wrong. After 5-10 minutes, or a hub reboot, they would connect again.

Logged it with support, and after a long battle, they sent out a new one. It arrived with May firmware, and worked fine for 2 days until they updated to the 22nd June firmware again. Exact same issues. 2 reboots to get the router working again, and now I have constant wifi issues.

Just been on with support and complaints and they can't see any issues apparently. Won't read the logs that shows constant disconnections (without reconnections), and say that there are no faults on the hub or exchange. Apparently they are going to log it with the software team, but at the minute this is not fit for purpose

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 39 of 196

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

We are very sorry that you are suffering from Wi-Fi issues which appear to have coincided with a recent Firmware update.  We are speaking with the hub team and they are currently investigating.  They have a few other questions to help understand this issue so we would really appreciate it if you could answer the following questions.

Please confirm the Firmware version your Smart hub is now operating on?

When did you notice that you were opted back into BT Wi-Fi? And when did you notice that your firmware had been updated?

We have read your reports that your Wi-Fi experience has become much worst with the connection dropping across both ranges and/or devices not being able to reconnect.

Can you confirm if all devices were affected across both Wi-Fi ranges?

Are there any devices that you can now no longer connect to, either via 2.4GHz or 5GHz?  If so please can you name the specific devices?

*EDIT*** 

A few more questions from the Hub Teams-

If you have BT TV does this continue to work okay?

If you're having wireless issues - does the device connect okay to the Hub (has an IP address) but can't access the internet?

I appreciate that some of you have disconnected the Smart hub and are now using an alternative hub, I understand the reasoning around this.  We would really appreciate it if you could reconnect the Smart hub while we investigate?  We need the hub connected to your broadband line so that we can pull the hubs logs, this will help us identify if there is a problem.

Cheers

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 196

Go to solution

I am sorry but I value my marriage more. My wife would divorce me if I was to reconnect the SmartHub. I am not joking.

Back to HH5 with no issues. I just want my £50 plus delivery for the offending item refunded to our account.

Would a better idea be to test the SmartHub in a lab first before doing beta testing with consumers in the field?

Ian

0 Ratings