Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 196

Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Keep your expectations low and then you won't be disappointed!

Seriously, I think BT should stop sending out HH6.  They won't because they have a warehouse full of them and they've stopped making HH5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 52 of 196

Go to solution

I'm not feeling very positive about it! There must be some out there that work as they should ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 53 of 196

Go to solution

@Poppy7 wrote:

I'm not feeling very positive about it! There must be some out there that work as they should ?

I guess that depends on which issue you are talking about, some bugs (like the VPN one) are systemic.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 54 of 196

Go to solution

My HH6 worked flawlessly for about a month or so and the wifi is certainly better with a stronger signal than my HH5.

Now it works fine for a good few hours and then the light turns orange and you lose internet access. The light then turns back to blue but the internet is still inaccessible. 

You have to reboot it for it to work again and then the whole cycle contiunes once again after a few hours to a day of use.

I tried a factory reset and they said they refreshed the connection at the exchange but still have the same problem.

HH5 works fine.

I have a new HH6 on its way but after reading this thread I'm not hopeful that it will be any better.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 55 of 196

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Go to solution

Key thing is to hang on to your HH5. I stupidly sent mine back. But when I exhausted all the fiddling about with the HH6 the BT solution that worked for me in the end was for them to send me a HH5. Plugged it in on Saturday and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

Have escalated complaint to BT to get refund of £50 plus delivery.

Ian

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 196

Go to solution
New hub arrived. All working fine. May firmware. Is there any way to stop the hub updating to newer firmware that doesn't work?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 196

Go to solution
September 8th - 3rd new hub. May firmware.
September 9th - no wifi on it. June firmware. I have a Samsung galaxy s 7, a Samsung galaxy s6 and a nexus 7 tablet connected. Wired connections to a PS4 and the youview box.
Totally unacceptable BT.
Off to buy myself a router tomorrow. Something I shouldn't have to do.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 58 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution
Hello i'm not sure if i'm having the same problem but

i've had 2 smarthubs so far and they have the same issues

the wifi disconnects all devices (5) maybe 6-7 times a day it is very annoying should i maybe go back to the HH5a?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 59 of 196

Go to solution

Hi Paddy/mods,

I am facing the same issue as others - my smart hub was working perfectly for about a month, but wifi issues started around September 5th.

Wired connections continue to work, but with ping increased.

Wifi devices connect to the router, but cannot access the Internet - pages do not load at all. Devices include iPhones, iPads, Amazon Fire Stick, desktop PC wifi.

Firmware is SG4B100021EC, not sure when it was updated. Was always opted into BT Wifi.

I have split bands, changed channels, restarted and factory resetting a number of times to no avail. Actually looking at the available networks for my devices, only the default SSID is visible (2.4GHz), the 5GHz SSID is not visible and the router summary page tells me 5GHz is off, even though I switched it on in advanced settings.

Like the others, I have found BT customer support to be beyond atrocious - same line checks every time (all fine), assurance that there is not a fault with the hub from the BT side (there is obviously some sort of fault as I keep explaining), escalation to techinical support team was useless - told to wait for 48 hours and expect a call back, which never came. Also told to buy a wifi extender - outrageous, I am NOT paying any more money because something I paid for (£50 + postage) has stopped working within a month. The last classic call on Friday night was when I was told an engineer was going to come to see me today (Saturday) at any time between 8am and 6pm...of course that hasn't happened....no one turned up or even called.

I stupidly returned my old HH3 when upgrading, so unless there is some sort of firmware fix coming, I will, after my no doubt 30 minute call with customer support (after all the line checks again) on Monday be requesting a HH5 or refund. When my contract is up I will also be considering switching ISP, after having been signed up with Infinity for several years.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 60 of 196

Go to solution

I've "upgraded" last week and all of the above applies to me too. Using version SG4B100021F4.

Various devices ranging from HTC M8 phone (never dropped out) to an iPhone 5 and iphone 6 which are both dropping out.

My iPad has remained stable 

However, and possibly a spanner in the works here, my hard-wired PC often won't show up on the hub ethernet ports.

Anyone had this issue?

If one of the household has restarted the hub, then it MAY see it again. Otherwise, I need to attach a USB wireless and off we go again.

Is there any way to force a software upgrade or am I running the latest version.

HH5 sitting in the box and on alert for immediate deployment! 

0 Ratings