Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 61 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

This has been my experience too. All worked okay until this week, and now the whole thing is totally useless.

Constant drop-outs. Devices saying they are connected when they obviously aren't. Sky and Smart TV refusing to connect.

I've wasted so much time turning things off and resetting and going through all the nonsense fixes, and now it seems it's a general problem that a lot of people are having.

I haven't called BT support, since when reporting a previous problem I was told to go and talk to my neighbours and see if they were having a problem too. Great!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 62 of 196

Go to solution

same here - I can recreate the problem EXACTLY if anyone wants to know how try this...

Boot all devices off your wireless - then change password (so none sneak back on accidentally)

Using a WIRED connection to a PC do a speedtest - usual speed 20-30ms ping

connect your wireless device of choice (Nexus5x in my case) - do speedtest, should be OK ish

Now try WIRED - 3000+ms ping dead slow up/down

Now try Wireless - probably get timeout but may work as above with huge ping/lag

Repeat WIRED but  disconnect wifi device - and everything works perfectly at the EXACT point wireless device dropped.

Repeat WIRED as much as you like, it works great, connect wifi device..... ping goes thru roof again, disconnect, work fine

you get the idea!

Over to BT............ any thoughts BT??  

PS in my 2nd HH6 both identical issues 😞

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 63 of 196

Go to solution

@greenderek 

Whilst wireless related your problem appears different. To avoid confusion to this post I've replied to you on your own thread at Home Hub 6 - Wireless issues causing slow response on wired connections [nexus 5x].

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 64 of 196

Go to solution
Still same here solid blue light on hub but no Internet connection, having to resort to 4g on my phone to post this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 65 of 196

Go to solution

Just come off chat, they are sending me a new smart hub, not sure it will make any difference though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 196

Go to solution
I've had 3 and all have suffered the same fate. Haven't heard back from BT since someone from the complaints department phoned me on Saturday assuring me they were dealing with it ASAP. He did note it appears they have a problem with this Hub.
I gave up waiting at the weekend and followed licquorice's advice and bought a TP Link 9980. Requested the £60 back from BT of course.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 67 of 196

Go to solution

@smf22 wrote:

@greenderek 

Whilst wireless related your problem appears different. To avoid confusion to this post I've replied to you on your own thread at Home Hub 6 - Wireless issues causing slow response on wired connections [nexus 5x].

Regards

thanks will resond there

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 196

Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Great that the HUB team are looking at it, though they should have looked harder before putting product to market.

What is the response from BT short term? People have no connectivity in some cases and others like me, paid for the privilege. The long silence is not acceptable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 69 of 196

Go to solution

Just got off chat (another 45 mins...) and will be sent a new smart hub. Let's see what happens, although I don't hold out much hope based on some of the comments here. If it still doesn't work, I'll ask for a refund of the £50 and probably buy my own router...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 70 of 196

Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

@Cabinet4infinitypain wrote:
Great that the HUB team are looking at it, though they should have looked harder before putting product to market.

What is the response from BT short term? People have no connectivity in some cases and others like me, paid for the privilege. The long silence is not acceptable.

Completely agree.

0 Ratings