Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 81 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

My HH6 software has never updated either? so dont know why ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 82 of 196

Go to solution

SG4B100021F4 installed last night. Connection currently ok. Will keep an eye on it now and see if it does the same thing as before (disconnecting).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 83 of 196

Go to solution

Mine still showing SG4B100021EC ??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 84 of 196

Go to solution

Well, my new HH6 has just done the same thing again as the old one. Light stays blue but all devices cannot connect to the internet.

Only thing that enables reconnection is restarting the router.

Could this be a coincidence that the firrmware updated last night and now it has started with the same fault again?

It seems unlikely that both Hubs would be faulty.

Shoddy software or shoddy hardware? Either way an absolute joke for consumers.

I've put in my HH5 again until some headway is made (if BT actually indicate what they are doing about this and other issues instead of stunned silence) but honestly thinking of returning my HH6 and trying to get my money back at this point.

Can't face the prospect of weeks and months of this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 85 of 196

Go to solution

My replacement hh6 updated to June firmware 2 days ago. Expect it will go wrong again very soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 86 of 196

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Go to solution

Hi Guys;

Not sure if its the update to iOS10 last night or a hub firmware upgrade, but my iPad Air 2 won't get an internet connection to my new BT Smart Hub.

All my other devices (iPhone 6, 6s, laptop, iPad mini, etc.) are all working fine.

Things done so far:

Reset the router

Restored the iPad both as a backup and as a new device

Reset network settings, including lease

The hub is definitely picking up the iPad, but it won't give it an internet connection. There is no VPN software that I know of on the iPad.

If I connect the iPad to another device (i.e. to my phone on a hotspot) then the internet works fine.

Spoke with BT and they said they can see no issues and as all my other devices are working then there must be something wrong with the iPad settings. 😕

Clicking on the next to my wireless connection, it looks like the router isn't giving any info back the iPad (i.e. there is no IP, Subnet, Router, DNS, etc info).

At a total loss as to what to do next - this is my main iPad sunk in the wall to control the house so it kind of needs to work!

Help please 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 87 of 196

Go to solution
Have you tried giving it a static IP address ie., configured on the jPad rather than using DHCP?

Give it an address outside the default range... lower than 192.168.1.64 if memory serves.

Regards
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 88 of 196

Go to solution
yeah it actually gave it wi-fi bars (top left of the iPad) but still no internet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 89 of 196

Go to solution

I'm on my second Smart Hub too. First one firmware ending 21F4 had faults such as no broadband even though blue light showing (none on Ethernet or wifi) and regular drop outs. New hub received today with firmware ending 21EC was even worse (if that's possible) and this one wouldn't save static ip's, allocated two on same IP address and kept changing admin password on me so much that in the end I couldn't get on to the admin page so unplugged it and put my HH3 back in use. This is pathetic BT. I've just paid £50 for this useless piece of **bleep** . 

Ive posted this on my own thread but thought the addition of the firmware numbers with the faults I experienced with each would add to the info for everyone subscribed to this as I know time is precious and not everyone has time to read every possibly relevant thread...I know I don't. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 90 of 196

Go to solution

I gave up on the Hub 6 WiFi and just bought a UniFi AC LR Access point. The combo of UniFi AC LR and Hub 6 is rock solid (WiFi is disabled on the hub). The range and performance of the UniFi is far superior to the Hub 6 WiFi too.

0 Ratings