Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Pcfarrar..if I understood any of that and how to do it I would but my networking and computer knowledge doesn't stretch that far. 😔

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 196

Go to solution

I'm on my 2nd Smart Hub and it was working fine for the first 7 days, really smooth, fast and no problems at all. This morning, I went to turn my laptop on and the wireless wouldn't let me connect, even though I could see the network name (and it always connects automatically). When I turned on my Xbox, the wireless was also disconnected. The only thing that worked was my smart phone. I turned off the hub and turned it back on which did fix the wireless problem, but I've already had one dropout with the orange light on the Hub this afternoon. The firmware is the June version. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 196

Go to solution

There definitely is a problem with these hubs. When I first got mine it worked fine for 2 days then it updated its firmware to 21EC and started giving me disconnections as well as VPN problems already reported. So I disconnected it and put back my old router.

Now after approx. 1 month later I thought I give it another go and hoped that the firmware got updated to F4. Nothing has happened on the firmware update (still 21EC) but the hub had a steady connection with System Uptime of 6 days and Network Uptime of 5 days after initial disconnections. But then I noticed that my devices that use 5 Ghz WiFi got booted off and I was no longer able to connect, but I could see the SSID! Strange. I carried out factory reset using a pin in the back. All was well again for 3 days after initial disconnections.

This morning, the hub was disconnecting every 2 minitues or so, the line was quite and everything. So I carried out a factory reset and at the moment the hub is stable.

One thing for sure is that the WiFi signal is still poor on both bands since I purchase. About 30m straight line no obstructions.

Since there has been no communication from BT on HH6 I can only assume that nothing is being done about all the problems reported in this forum. All we seem to here is that the Hub Team are looking into it!

BT should take lessons from Apple, when there are problems with firmware and customers are suffering you can be sure that Apple first acknowledges the problem and then fixes it soon after.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 94 of 196

Go to solution

"It took months of painstaking design to create the BT Smart Hub."

Or to design something that doesn't work properly. *Deep Sigh*

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 95 of 196

Go to solution

After struggling with my iPad Air (see previous post) this morning my iPhone 6 dropped off its internet connection altogether! Essentially the problem in both instances is that it isn't allowing the devices to save any IP address information, etc.

I've put my old HH5 in and everything seems to be working ok! 

So yes, not impressed with this smart hub - at all! 

PS - this new HH6 is supposed to have more distance than the old HH5? My old one got full bars in my garage with no extender... HH6 is 2 bar struggling to stream YouTube! 

Wish I had never 'upgraded'! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 96 of 196

Go to solution

@mr_nismo wrote:

After struggling with my iPad Air (see previous post) this morning my iPhone 6 dropped off its internet connection altogether! Essentially the problem in both instances is that it isn't allowing the devices to save any IP address information, etc.

I've put my old HH5 in and everything seems to be working ok! 

So yes, not impressed with this smart hub - at all! 

PS - this new HH6 is supposed to have more distance than the old HH5? My old one got full bars in my garage with no extender... HH6 is 2 bar struggling to stream YouTube! 

Wish I had never 'upgraded'! 

I remember other posts about iPad/iPhones not playing nice with the HH6 - I seem to remember it was a problem with allocating the same IP to multiple devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 97 of 196

Go to solution

Once I gave all the devices (wired and wireless) on the network static addresses, the Smarthub has been solid since. DHCP isn't exactly a new service, wonder how it got screwed up so spectacularly?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 98 of 196

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Go to solution
I'm not very au fait with all the correct terminology for things. When you say you gave your decices static addresses is that the sane thing as giving them static ip addresses? That's what I've been trying to do (and what I've always done on my hubs) but my HH6 won't save them. BT then told me its only business accounts that can do that. Is yours a business account or am I getting confused with my terminology ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 99 of 196

Go to solution

Just a post from my perspective.

I am managing a HH6 at a remote location, which is a normal residential account. I am just a residential user.

A static public (Internet) address is not possible, but you can assign static addresses on your own network, but tthey are best assigned on the device itself, in the range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.63.

The HH6 recognises these and allows you manage them.

This thread is a bit of a mix of posts. Issues with configuration of the HH6, may be best dealt with on a different thread. Some may be bugs or "features" of the HH6, but some of these have been present on all of the home hubs.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 100 of 196

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Just a post from my perspective.

I am managing a HH6 at a remote location, which is a normal residential account. I am just a residential user.

A static public (Internet) address is not possible, but you can assign static addresses on your own network, but tthey are best assigned on the device itself, in the range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.63.

The HH6 recognises these and allows you manage them.

This thread is a bit of a mix of posts. Issues with configuration of the HH6, may be best dealt with on a different thread. Some may be bugs or "features" of the HH6, but some of these have been present on all of the home hubs.

Just curious, is there a reason why you say to 192.168.1.63 and not 192.168.1.253?

0 Ratings