Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenderek
Beginner
Message 101 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Is there a published schedule of when we expect the next firmware release and what was addressed in each update (ie a changelog) anywhere? 

0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 102 of 196

Go to solution

An ackowledgement by BT of a known issue with the HH6 would go some way to alleviate frustration, surely they can at least do that.

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 103 of 196

Go to solution

Thanks Keith. I got my terminology wrong then. What you describe is exactly what I'm trying to do but what the 21EC ending firmware hub won't do is save the settings. The 21F4 ending firmware would save the settings but I had the no internet blue lights syndrome. E ending did this as well as not save the settings. Hope,that helps people. 

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 104 of 196

Go to solution

@Checked2013

When assigning a static IP on the device itself it must be outside of the DHCP range of the Home Hub. The default DHCP range for the Home Hubs is 192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.254 so .253 would be in the DHCP range.

Regards

smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 105 of 196

Go to solution

@greenderek

Unfortunately BT don't publish when they're releasing new firmware, or what has changed / which issues have been addressed between firmware versions.

There have been three releases to date:

- SG4B100021D0 27/04/16

- SG4B100021EC 12/05/16

- SG4B100021F4 22/06/16

Based on the fairly rapid release schedule, and the problems still being seen with the 21F4 release, I would hope a new version would be available soon.

Regards

0 Ratings
greenderek
Beginner
Message 106 of 196

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt response @smf22 

I've totally given up on the HH6 (and will be asking for a refund) and gone back to my HH4 after trying the HH6 again for the last 48hrs.  Good luck everyone, 22/June was 3 months ago hope you don't have to wait another 3 months if they don't fix it with next release!!

I've updated my Facebook page to warn my friends not to touch it with a bargepole even if it is free!

over and out (at least for now)

@greenderek

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 107 of 196

Go to solution

@smf22 wrote:

@greenderek

Unfortunately BT don't publish when they're releasing new firmware, or what has changed / which issues have been addressed between firmware versions.

There have been three releases to date:

- SG4B100021D0 27/04/16

- SG4B100021EC 12/05/16

- SG4B100021F4 22/06/16

Based on the fairly rapid release schedule, and the problems still being seen with the 21F4 release, I would hope a new version would be available soon.

Regards

That's a useful list. Although, of course, users are entirely dependent on BT to send the new releases to their Smart Hubs - there's no facility for people to download and install the firmware release of their choice. So the fact that there's a new version available doesn't mean that any individual user will receive it any time soon.

In my own case, my Smart Hub has been in use since 24 June but I'm still on the 1EC 12 May release.

p

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 108 of 196

Go to solution
likewise I have been on the 1EC release since 12th May and no sign of 1F4
0 Ratings
Worjorj
Beginner
Message 109 of 196

Go to solution

More of the same from me, switched back to HH5

However, do you (BT) have any stats on the HH6 hub?

Are we just a few who are having problems and the vast majority are OK?

Or is this a very common issue, but most don't have the knowledge to go searching to self rectify?

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 110 of 196

Go to solution

I highly suspect the problems are far more common then we think but the vast majority will have either swapped it out, plod on and make do, phoned bt or not realise the problem is there and think its how it should be.

Side note, ive not been upgraded with the new firmware, if they have any sence at all the hub team will have stopped the roll out.

0 Ratings