Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 141 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution
Thanks! That worked for me! What are the implications, if any, of a static connection?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 142 of 196

Go to solution

I'm not from the scrap everything and start over group.  In fact my Hub6 worked brilliantly from the start - very little 'down time', instant wifi connectivity, good thruput UNTIL I put in IOS10 onto my iPhone 6.  Then I got all the same behaviour as described above in this thread.  I put in the static 'fix' yesterday and so far - all praise to the internet gods - it seems to be holding (reconnects on wake from sleep, and after being outside and coming back to the office. 

All my non-ios10 devices are still connecting normally with dhcp assigned addresses.  Haven't had a conflict yet so am crossing my fingers that BT do in fact have a firmware fix and are pushing out to all of us.

Does anyone have a reliable confirmation that this is the case and not a rumour?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 143 of 196

Go to solution

A forum user cjd-1 seems to have some insight.... see here, here and here.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 144 of 196

Go to solution

So, has anyone got this new firmware then? Are things any better?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 145 of 196

Go to solution

Hi Folks

In the next few weeks, BT will be delivering an upgrade to the Smart Hub firmware which will fix a couple of issues that some of our customers have been experiencing.

• Access Controls not working correctly -We know that some customers are currently unable to use the built in Access Controls function within the Hub Manager. The update will rectify this issue, allowing customers to implement Access Controls on their Smart Hub
  • VPN Not Working -This issue has impacted customers with Windows 10 VPN where the Hub would restart itself.
  • Bug Fixes 

We are always looking to make your experience of the Smart Hub better, so please look out for further updates as they become available.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 146 of 196

Go to solution

Again PaddyB, what about the IOS10 / DHCP issues we are talking about here? No mention of any fix for that?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 147 of 196

Go to solution
That reply looks like a email copy/paste so its highly likely thats all the mods know at the moment.

@PaddyB we all appreciate the update but could you ask the hub team for more a more detailed explanation of whats changed? Considering all the problems the hub has a general run down isnt good enough especially in light of the fact people are already ditching the smart hub in favour of other company's kit.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 148 of 196

Go to solution

254 is the address of the router.  You can't use that again.  Use IP address: 192.168.1.1 for your first device, 192.168.1.2 for the second etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 149 of 196

Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same issues with my HH6.

Installed a week ago. All cabled connections (PC/NAS/Sonos) OK.

Intermitttent wireless connections, iPad/Amazon Fire connects and drops out.  Android mobile can see the SSID but cannot connect?

Firmware: SG4B100021F4

updated: 22-Jun-2016

I've read fixes, about static IPs, splitting wireless bands separate SSIDs, etc.

But none of these are a Solution.....

When will BT be rolling a firmware upgrade out to fix this MAJOR issue?

Just wish I hadn't returned my HH5 in the green bag.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 150 of 196

Go to solution

Can a BT person please advise what the issue is with the HH6 wireless connections.

When will a new firmware issue be available?

Will it fix the wireless issues, that so many people seem to be having.

Or is it a harware issue with the Smart HH6, as it is a diffrent looking model to the HH4 & HH5 versions.

0 Ratings