Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 151 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

@PaddyB wrote:

We are always looking to make your experience of the Smart Hub better,

Please spare us the marketing ***EDITED***.  I just want the thing to work!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 152 of 196

Go to solution

Having exatly the same problems on the same firmware, I've currently been on hold for over an hour to try and speak to "customer services"

WHAT A SHAMBLES

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 153 of 196

Go to solution

All seems more stable for me now...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 154 of 196

Go to solution

It's pretty frustrating.  All the devices in my house (wired and wireless) are connecting to the HH6 fine, except for my IOS10 ipad.

A couple of weeks ago the ipad stopped connecting randomly.  I set up with static IP address as suggested here, and it then connected OK.

However today, it stopped working again, even with the static IP.  

The HH6 is on the 21F4 firmware version.   I keep wondering whether it is something to do with IPv6 - the ipad shows ipv6 addressed assigned in  the (non working) connection details.   The HH6 shows ipv6 network status "Enabled", but when the ipad was working, this setting was "Disabled".  It is not user controlled, just something the HH6 does.  

What a pain.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 155 of 196

Go to solution

I to am wondering if the ipv6 is a part of the problem, my hub says that its working with ipv6 BUT is not running a ipv6 dchp server.

I got the new firmware a week or so ago and upto now everything has been ok altho every so often i can detect a slowdown in finding web pages and data transfers from the main wired pc to the laptop sometime drop to a crawl for several secs before going back to full speed (very notcable when transfering a 65GB backup file between the two of them) the hub is now noticably warm to touch when before it wasnt. im still thinking the routers cpu is being overloaded but im not a techy by any means.

Up to now im happy to keep the hub6 as it is working but ive got a backup hub5a off one of my mates from work that he doesnt use (he moved to virgins 300MB service and its not bad here in carlisle as only about 20% of the city can get virgin and the installer he got told him the node density was 3 times higher then they normaily do it so overloading will be a very miner issue (guess omne knew what they where doing when they started building the network....) so if it does start messing up i will swap it out.

Oh and my solistor informs me that if there is a significan amount of hub6's that are haveing issues and it can be proved that the design/os/build quality is at fault then there COULD BE a legal case for bt to answer to with supplying kit not fit for purpose. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 156 of 196

Go to solution

Still having wireless issues.

currently have firmware: SG4B100021F4 (22-Jun-2016)

Wired connections fine.

I have split the Wireless channels into separate SSIDs

5 GHz seems OK, iPad & Samsung S4 mini connecting.

Problem seems to be with the 2.4 Ghz, devices can see the SSID, but can not connect to it.

Does anyone have a later firmware issue that solves the wireless issues?

or is the 21F4 version the latest?

Seriously considering going to buy a another Router to replace this, wish I had kept the HH5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 157 of 196

Go to solution

There would seem to be new firmware released recently (see Software updated tonight and all seems well).

The sticky post Smart Hub firmware from @PaddyB mentions the upcoming release has fixes for Access Controls and VPN, but doesn't specifically mention Wifi fixes.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 158 of 196

Go to solution

Expert
Stuey3d

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable [ Edited ]

for those on iOS10 having issues follow these steps.

1. Goto wifi settings

2. Tap the (i) Icon next to your wifi name

3. Click static

4. enter these settings

IP address: 192.168.1.xxx check the hub to make sure its not going to conflict other devices you can use an address in DHCP range if you are careful

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Router: 192.168.1.254

DNS: 8.8.4.4 (these are Googles DNS servers) or 192.168.1.254

Search Domains: home

5. Hit the back button at the top and this should save the details.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 159 of 196

Go to solution
Stuey3D - I have just this problem and wondering if I can use your fix to help! Only thing is I'm a tech numpty - what should I use under IP address xxxx, is this something on my not so smart hub??? And how do I know if this conflicts with other devices??? Sorry if this is a very stupid question
Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 160 of 196

Go to solution

xxx should be any number less than 63